Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Suggestions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:53 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Suggestions..

ORIGINAL: tedBalog

I'm sure if I get dual exhaust I'll get the GT bumpers, I was looking at them on ninosport a few minutes ago. Not dreadfully expensive like some and I love the look. I've got a bit of customizing ahead of me

[EDIT]

About the posi-trac, I have traction control at the moment. Which would be more beneficial?
Traction control works fine regardless of independent or posi-trac'.
You can also disable it permanently via a tune or if you have the TCS kill button, use that when you want to. I keep mine off most of the time. More fun that way ;-)
Does what it's desinged to do in either case if you want it to. However it doesn't have to put drag on the other wheel as with independent so probably saves on brake pad wear and tear. They won't wear unevenly, that's for sure.
I find it pretty much unnecessary even in snow now that I have posi'.
Especially useless when doing a burn out ;-D..
Old 02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

My son & I installed a C&L intake andtune yesterday on my 4.0L coupe. I got the CAI andSCT handheld from Evolution Performance. I am VERY PLEASED with how the car runs now, but I've got more planned to get the power to the ground

Ooops, I almost forgot - WELCOME TO MUSTANG FORUMS!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

ORIGINAL: tedBalog

Wolfy, NICE CLIPS!

Thanks for all the help guys, the C&L intake with diablosport kit seems like a good price. I live pretty close to summit racing and they wanted $400 alone for the diablosport!

Now, with the dual exhaust I have a few options no? Should I get a full exhaust or just an axle-back?

Also, that link for the posi-traction says it's for the older 3.8, will that still work with the 4.0?

Again, thanks for being so nice. Hard to come across a car forum with people willing to help out newbies.
Yes ted, the diff' will work on all 7.5" rear ends up to 2007's. I should know eh? ;-)
Personally I think axle back singles are for women, rice burners and guys that buyplastic customizingcar parts from Advance Autoand KMartbut hey, that's just me.

Duals are the way to go if you want maximum improvement/performance out of your 4.0. Don't let anyone tell you different. Besides, dual's look way better and cooler than singles any day! You can cut a notch on the drivers side 'most kits come with templates' bumper for the other pipe/muffler but I went with a GT take off rear bumper cover from V6MustantStuff.com I would try to find one elsewhere though because the first one I got from their drop shipper in Indiana looked like someone had dragged it across the flloor before they boxed it for shipping. V6MS did however send me a replacement which was nearly perfect in a few days so they do work hard to please.
Saying axlebacks are for women and rice burners is a pretty bold statement. I think you need to trade off the V6 and buy a GT-you will fitbetterwith the 4.6crowd.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

yea i'd have to second that...and I have duals on mine...but when it comes to the V6, duals are not necessarily ideal...a single axle-back will technically give you a lot more torgue depending on how its tuned...you may get a better top end and look with duals but as far as acceration...on a V6, a good single will probably beat out duals, especially an MRT...that said I's luvz my duals they look soooo good with the honeycomb silver horse back..
Old 02-11-2007, 08:43 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

THanks illegal, I was waiting for someone with sense to post. Duals don't show much of an improvement over the single in n/a 4.0's - I have a single Flowmaster American Thunder axleback muffler. It was my first purchase for my mustang, and made a nice difference.

I'm not an expert or anything, but can tell you from reading forums from folks with a lot of knowledge and dyno sheets to prove it - unless you see a turbo or supercharger in your future, you will be plenty happy with a single for performance gains.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:22 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: illegal1984

yea i'd have to second that...and I have duals on mine...but when it comes to the V6, duals are not necessarily ideal...a single axle-back will technically give you a lot more torgue depending on how its tuned...you may get a better top end and look with duals but as far as acceration...on a V6, a good single will probably beat out duals, especially an MRT...that said I's luvz my duals they look soooo good with the honeycomb silver horse back..
Yeah? wWell you'll have to prove it. Just blew away a single with an axle back last night from start to finish. More torque my ars!
Geesh, you guys are way to thin skinned. I did state that it is only my opinion. I wasn't attacking anyone so lighten up you guys.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Come on you guys! Geesh, so thin skinned! I did state that it IS only my opinion. I think single axle backs look ricey etc.and they do not deliver more torque or more anything than duals.Dream on.Wait, I takethat back. They do offer up more back pressure at WOT than duals.Common sense guys.

I will take on anyone with an MRT or what ever single axle back any time! Even manuals!That is provided you live in my area which I doubt. But if you're ever in the Washington DC area, let me know and we'll put it to the test.
I blew away an axle back last night. Took him off the line and top end. Both of our cars are '074.0 automatics with matched intakes and tunes. His even has a posi-trac rear end like mine. Guess what he told me he'sgoing to go buy and install next? ;-)
Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Come on you guys! Geesh, so thin skinned! I did state that it IS only my opinion. I think single axle backs look ricey etc.and they do not deliver more torque or more anything than duals.Dream on.Wait, I takethat back. They do offer up more back pressure at WOT than duals.Common sense guys.

I will take on anyone with an MRT or what ever single axle back any time! Even manuals!That is provided you live in my area which I doubt. But if you're ever in the Washington DC area, let me know and we'll put it to the test.
I blew away an axle back last night. Took him off the line and top top end. Both of our cars are '074.0 automatics with matched intakes and tunes. His even has a posi-trac rear end like mine. Guess what he told me he'sgoing to go buy and install next? ;-)
Even if I lived in DC, I wouldn't waste my time or gas on you.

It is ok to have an opinon and voice it, just don't belittle others with stupid a$$ comments about ricers and women-you are starting to sound like the GT crowd now.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BHRS

I blew away an axle back last night. Took him off the line and top top end. Both of our cars are '074.0 automatics with matched intakes and tunes. His even has a posi-trac rear end like mine. Guess what he told me he'sgoing to go buy and install next? ;-)
Even if I lived in DC, I wouldn't waste my time or gas on you.

It is ok to have an opinon and voice it, just don't belittle others with stupid a$$ comments about ricers and women-you are starting to sound like the GT crowd now.
Hey, nothin wrong with GT's and nothin wrong with my comments either.When's the last time you criticised someone eh?
Also, who said I'd race youfor sure if you asked anyway?I know I'd blow your doors off so it is me who probably wouldn't waste my gas unless you made it worth my while............GT's are cool too!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:25 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

You're calling us thin skinned when all we're doing is stating the facts...like i said I HAVE DUALS and I luv em but a good single axleback will do just as well in different aspects...duals are great for top end...but a single axleback from MRT is great for the track and ETs...ask anyone...

Quick Reply: Suggestions..