Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger Discussion Thread

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

i tried to keep track of names, but im not good about that...was his car yellow, maybe with black stripes? the guy who previously had some tuning issues?

by the way, my dad applauds your new best times.
Yep, thats him. He has the CS6 front bumper, he was the one that ran first with me at Norwalk. Tell your dad thanks, I'm sure we will all meet up again soon. Cheers.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:21 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

I would love to go for the X but I'm in So Cal and from what I am told the X still doesnot have DMV certification. Also from what I hear EE is doing the footwork to get this done. My concern is that I go ahead with it and then EE does not get the cert. What are the chances? Phil
Old 08-26-2007, 05:00 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pperin

I would love to go for the X but I'm in So Cal and from what I am told the X still does not have DMV certification. Also from what I hear EE is doing the footwork to get this done. My concern is that I go ahead with it and then EE does not get the cert. What are the chances? Phil
you are correct, he is still working on it. IMO, it is best to just wait it out. for something like that, it is better to wait, than to buy it now and have to pull it later
Old 08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I live in Ca and took the chance, EE has CARB cert on their kit for the Explorer and Ranger which have the same engine as us. I don't think there will be a problem and I have about 3 years before I have to worry about it.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: beaustang

I live in Ca and took the chance, EE has CARB cert on their kit for the Explorer and Ranger which have the same engine as us. I don't think there will be a problem and I have about 3 years before I have to worry about it.
Hi Beau I hear what you are saying. But if they have a CARB cert for the explorer and it has the same engine as ours why does he have to certify our cars?
I would really like to do this but I really don't want to take it out if they don't get the cert.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

from whati understand, CARB certification is a time consuming, and expensive process for the manufacturer of the parts in question...its all BS.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes the carb is a pain in the ***. dave was suppose to do the carb with my car (i was the test mule) but then they changed there info to him and made him get a 07. he got a grabber v6 auto and now has a full time test mule to work with and get it done. i too live in so cal. and am confident he will have it ready by the time i need it. i am running the cali kit with the 3.0 pulley my best 1/8th mile time so far was 8.95 with street tires and open diff at irwindale. i have over 18k miles with the x and it works fine. lots of fun and easy install. plus it looks so darn good on top of the motor.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

I live right on the IA/IL border, right along I-80, and will make my car available for examination by anyone who feels they're near enough to make the trip worthwhile. I believe I'm the only one with an X-Charged Mustang for several hundred miles in any direction from where I live.

Russ
Old 08-27-2007, 01:48 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

yes the carb is a pain in the ***. dave was suppose to do the carb with my car (i was the test mule) but then they changed there info to him and made him get a 07. he got a grabber v6 auto and now has a full time test mule to work with and get it done. i too live in so cal. and am confident he will have it ready by the time i need it. i am running the cali kit with the 3.0 pulley my best 1/8th mile time so far was 8.95 with street tires and open diff at irwindale. i have over 18k miles with the x and it works fine. lots of fun and easy install. plus it looks so darn good on top of the motor.
was that run with the 3.0" pulley? I know you had the 2.8 on for a while didn't you?

ORIGINAL: JimC

Is there anyone with an X-charger in or near southeast Michigan? I'd like to take a look at one installed and spend some time talking with you.
+1, i would love to ride in one if anyone would be willing and im in the same general area. I have less money than i anticipated right now and i am still trying to go turbo, but it'd be nice to see how the x feels on the street just to compare my options.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

which Eaton blower is being used in the EE kit? is it the M90 or the M62? because i was looking over the Eaton site, and apparently both of them will work with our motors. and has anyone been able to use a smaller pulley than the 2.80"? i like the roots-type look better than centrifugal blowers ora turbo, but when i do get boosted, i dont want to drop almost 4 grand for something ill be changing out later for more power. i like the 6 and want to stick with it. thats not a question. i just wanna figure out how much boost can be pushed out of that blower and what my HP #'s will max out at. I have seen different blowers have pulleys as small as 2.50" and im wondering why i havent heard of anything like this for the X-Charger. if anyone can answer any of my ?'s it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quick Reply: X-Charger Discussion Thread