Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

side exhuast kit for us!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: side exhuast kit for us!!!

I have seen some setups that have smaller cylindrical mufflers instead of cats. I am not sure where you can get them, but that could be an option
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Ah, I need that! I'd been holding off on duals, getting all the appearance stuff out of the way, but now that all that is pretty much done, I might have to jump on this. It'll bring me a step closer to achieving that good old Eleanor look.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

the gt exhaust comes with the magnapack mufflers, I peeked under there

BTW if your car is stock height you shouldnt have that big of a problem, but his car is very very very low, I'm not sure which springs he has, but they seem at an Eibach sportline level
Old 10-23-2007, 10:20 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Ah, I need that! I'd been holding off on duals, getting all the appearance stuff out of the way, but now that all that is pretty much done, I might have to jump on this. It'll bring me a step closer to achieving that good old Eleanor look.
Um, no, nevermind. $1300+ is more than I want to spend on dual exhaust.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh, also that will look completely out of place without any other body work done
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

how much is this? it looks killer.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
2007_Stang
1st Gear Member

so it might still be a posability if I have the stock ride height and havn't lowered anything on my car?!? Sounds good to me, but if you think about it $1300 for a complete dual exhuast system, side skirts, and a new rear bumper, you can easily hit that with other aftermarket bodykits and exhaust systems, so I don't see what the big deal about one whole kit costing that much is. I'll be willing to pay it if it performs good and looks good!!! Just my $.02 on that subject.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007_Stang

so it might still be a posability if I have the stock ride height and havn't lowered anything on my car?!? Sounds good to me, but if you think about it $1300 for a complete dual exhuast system, side skirts, and a new rear bumper, you can easily hit that with other aftermarket bodykits and exhaust systems, so I don't see what the big deal about one whole kit costing that much is. I'll be willing to pay it if it performs good and looks good!!! Just my $.02 on that subject.
Well, considering that I can get duals for about $300, have my rear bumper cut to fit the new tailpipe, and the fact that I have GT take-off rockers that I picked up from a friend for $40, it's about a grand more than I really need to pay. And that's before installation and labor costs.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:59 PM
2007_Stang
1st Gear Member

Ok, so you have connections that help get you lower prices, but if you were to buy all new parts and not use just factory parts, you would be up somewhere close to the same price, and you still wouldn't have the true dual side exhaust either. I'm just sayin it to let others as well know, so take no offense to it.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:09 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007_Stang

Ok, so you have connections that help get you lower prices, but if you were to buy all new parts and not use just factory parts, you would be up somewhere close to the same price, and you still wouldn't have the true dual side exhaust either. I'm just sayin it to let others as well know, so take no offense to it.
Most of us here buy GT Takeoff parts for waaaaay less than you would get new from the dealer.
Yes, the side exhaust looks sweet and you may not have a problem with scraping since your car is stock height.
I'm happy with my dual setup and the fact that I can use that 1K on other mods.

Just do what makes you happy.

Quick Reply: side exhuast kit for us!!!