Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
NeoAnderson48

Default MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

Opinions? What is a good price, and where should I buy one?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

I'm thinking about getting one for my car. Can find them at mrt-direct.com
Old 02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

I've had mine since last June. I love it... definitely the loudest single exhaust you can get for the V6. And I don't mean ricer loud... it has a pretty deep rumble to it, and when you really get on it it screams. The downside is that it is a bit pricy. I don't know where you can get it other than MRT-Direct. Definitely makes your car an attention getter, though. I'm going to dual up with another one in the near future.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:41 PM
besam
2nd Gear Member

i love mine BUT it is NOT muscley, it sounds european or something, but it aint ricey either
duals would sound mean
Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

A lot of the ones bought last year have been having having reliability issues now.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 PM
kirax105strike
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

I've had mine since last June. I love it... definitely the loudest single exhaust you can get for the V6. And I don't mean ricer loud... it has a pretty deep rumble to it, and when you really get on it it screams. The downside is that it is a bit pricy. I don't know where you can get it other than MRT-Direct. Definitely makes your car an attention getter, though. I'm going to dual up with another one in the near future.
+1 on the duals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyrFrYth4U
thats the setup i am going with next
Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
760Mustang
2nd Gear Member

I picked mine up from Stangmods with their discount coupon for about 230 shipped, I believe. I'm not sure if the price will be the same or what, but it's worth checking out.

I love my MRT and am glad I got it. It turns heads like no other, especially at WOT. The first hundred or so miles with it will prove to have a bit of drone inside as well as some occasional not so good sounds. When it breaks in, however, prepare to be getting some attention.

Victoria and kirax : I'm planning the dual conversion as well whenever I can get some money, so keep in touch about how that's going.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Fallout got dual MRTs recently... you can check them out in the Drivetrain section. They sound pretty sick.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:51 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kirax105strike

+1 on the duals

hey thats my car ^^

i'm just gonna put this out there. there are pretty loud, but for me the novelty of loud is wearing off and im starting to pick out things i dont like about them, mostly how high pitched they get at 3.5k+ rpm, i know a 4.0 will never keep a deep sound in the higher rpms so its probably not a "fault" of the aeroturbines as much as it is a just the sound of a 4.0. but i have been considering to sometime in the next few months swapping them out for FRPP stingers or GTAs just so i settle my curiosity then after that i'll keep whatever i like best and sell the other..but thats all still only a "maybe" because i do like how the mrt's sound, im just not positve if something i want to keep forever

as for where to buy them, mrt-direct.com was the only place i could find with them..$500+shipping for duals
Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
kirax105strike
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

ORIGINAL: kirax105strike

+1 on the duals

hey thats my car ^^

i'm just gonna put this out there. there are pretty loud BUT FOR ME, the novelty of loud is wearing off and im starting to pick out things i dont like about them, mostly how high pitched they get at 3.5k+ rpm, i know a 4.0 will never keep a deep sound in the higher rpms so its probably not a "fault" of the aeroturbines as much as it is a just the sound of a 4.0. but i have been considering to sometime in the next few months swapping them out for FRPP stingers or GTAs just so i settle my curiosity then after that i'll keep whatever i like best and sell the other..but thats all still only a "maybe" because i do like how the mrt's sound, im just not positve if something i want to keep forever

as for where to buy them, mrt-direct.com was the only place i could find with them..$500+shipping for duals

lol i couldnt remember where i had that video from .. just had it on my favs
your car sounds amazing tho fallout and stingers do sound great too
the ones are tacobills stang are furious

Quick Reply: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback