Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Borla stingers vs FFRP GTA/Bs

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:39 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Default Borla stingers vs FFRP GTA/Bs

I was reading you can get the Borla stingers through ford? I was originally was going to get the FFRP GTA until I heard that. If it is true, what am I talking about price-wise. Is it comparable to the GTAs? Also the sound scale. I have heard both and I love the sound of the stingers and how loud they are but is it too much? Thanks for the info!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:41 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Borla stingers vs FFRP GTA/Bs

You can get FRPP Stingers for $530 from Ninosport. They also sell the Borla Stingers for $20 more. The only difference is that the Borla tips say "Borla" and the FRPP tips say "FRPP". Other than that they are exactly the same muffler. By comparison GTAs are only $300.

I've got Borla Stingers with an FRPP x-pipe, and they are noisy, and there is occassional drone at certain RPMs, but overall they're not bad. Especially if you're doing mainly city driving, because you're up and down through the RPM band all the time anyway.

I haven't heard GTAs in person, but they're supposed to be decent. The Stingers sound great though, and for the $200 price difference, I think they're absolutely worth buying. It's a one-time mod, why cheap out with it. I've gotten more compliments than I can count with my Stinger setup in the 6 months I've had them.

I would say they're easily the best mufflers you can run with a V6, as long as you like a little bit of noise.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:10 PM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Will a take off H GT pipe work or is X the way to go? Want to save some $$ if possible
Old 07-27-2008, 08:22 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thenatural

Will a take off H GT pipe work or is X the way to go? Want to save some $$ if possible
Yep, take-off H will work. The H pipe actually sounds better, but there is a bit more drone with it.

You can also check with a local shop about getting the cross-over (whether it's an X or an H) custom put in, since it's a simple job, and might be cheaper than getting a GT pipe shipped to you and all that.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:31 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

i checked ninosport and i'm wondering, if an exhaust part (such as the borla stingers) is listed under GT, is it not compatible with the v6? i'm thinking it SHOULD be, am i right?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:05 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

i checked ninosport and i'm wondering, if an exhaust part (such as the borla stingers) is listed under GT, is it not compatible with the v6? i'm thinking it SHOULD be, am i right?
Yep you're right
Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Anyone know if the Borla Stingers are much louder than the GTAs or how they compare to MRT AeroTurbines as far as volume is concerned?

I'm thinking of maybe taking the plunge into Stingers but I want to be sure I'll be as loud as I am with a single MRT AeroTurbine.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:21 AM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure the stingers are a lot louder than the GTAs and are up there with the Aeroturbine. I had SLPs on my car before this so I can know what loud is.. and the stingers are definitely up there. I actually set off more alarms with the stingers than I did with the SLPs (probably because of the deepness along with the loudness). How's Socal? Should've moved to the Bay Area btw =]
Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

I'm planning on going with MACLTs, MAC Prochamber, Magnaflow High-Flow CATs, and dual Borla Stingers all on aX-Charged application.

Will my setup be too loud? I do not want SLP Loudmouth loud. I'm looking for around dual Flowmaster 40 loud. What do you guys think?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 AM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

I am going to get some quotes at the ford dealer today since I get them at cost plus 5%. Ill see what that comes out to then ill search around to see if I can find better. Thanks for the info guys!

Quick Reply: Borla stingers vs FFRP GTA/Bs