Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Burnout Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
65_FstBk

Default Burnout Tips

Hey guys, I am planning to do a burn out on my friend's street (during night of course) and was wondering what is the best way to do one in an automatic. I was thinking of 1) putting the car in neutral, bringing the RPM's up and then shifting it into drive OR 2) I could just powerbrake it in drive. Which one would create the most smoke and longer tire mark down the street? Any help you would be appreciated haha.

Last edited by 65_FstBk; 12-29-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

It's way too hard not to be sarcastic here man. I'll leave this open for other more serious members...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:20 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Give away your car, please.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by 65_FstBk
Hey guys, I am planning to do a burn out on my friend's street (during night of course) and was wondering what is the best way to do one in an automatic. I was thinking of 1) putting the car in neutral, bringing the RPM's up and then shifting it into drive OR 2) I could just powerbrake it in drive. Which one would create the most smoke and longer tire mark down the street? Any help you would be appreciated haha.

I suggest you wait on doing burnouts until you have to pay for your first set of tires out of your own pocket first, then you will think twice about "wanting the most smoke and longest tire mark". That being said....

If you even attempt to put the car in neutral and rev the engine and then drop it into drive, you are doing serious damage to your transmission. You can EASILY destroy your transmission that way.

Powerbraking is your best option.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

everyone knows the best way to get a long lasting burnout is to pour buttermilk in front of you tires and lower your tire pressure to 12psi then floor it.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by 65_FstBk
Do you have the v6 pony package? If not, I do believe only one wheel is going to spin, and that v6 auto transmission is not gonna be happy with the stress. My advice, find a spot of sand, put your brake to the floor then try to get your wheel to start spinning from a dead stop.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:11 AM
ss06vert

just wondering m.girl does the pony package have tlock ? it still has the 7.5 rear end ? just traction control. mine is packed up for the winter.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I read the pony package has a larger front stabilizer bar and the rear rear stabilizer bar of the GT. Not sure about the posi traction, just my assumption.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

some early pony package come with tlock, i believe only 06 came standard, in 07, (like my car) tlock was an option, and just because you had ppackage didnt mean you got tloc... im assuming the 08-09 is the same
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
some early pony package come with tlock, i believe only 06 came standard, in 07, (like my car) tlock was an option, and just because you had ppackage didnt mean you got tloc... im assuming the 08-09 is the same
It was never standard nor was it ever offered as an option on the 4.0

Quick Reply: Burnout Tips