Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Help... Please read.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i agree with the exhaust being the issue. so many of us have had rattle issues at idle and if your mid-pipe is just "floating" there then that's just asking for more vibration resonance problems. after installing my duals, my idle rattle (while still in DRIVE) was pretty annoying and somewhat embarrassing with friends in the car. i would have to shift to neutral to calm it down at stops. AFTER installing my headers myself, the idle rattle was no longer an issue. i believe that during the install, i must have secured everything much better than it was previously.

basically, sometimes its better to just dig into your car yourself, understand it and correct things the way they should be. of course, try not to get carried away and screw it up

as for your radio, don't mess with it carelessly since it's integrated with your ECU. take it to another dealer if possible to address the issue. if that's not an option, find an install/uninstall diagram (Ford TripTunes instructions) for your radio and see if maybe something is not connected correctly. try disconnecting and re-connecting all radio connections. good luck!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

FWIW, there's a noise suppressor, or supposed to be, on the engine, to reduce the noise on the radio.
The exhaust system on a V6 can really move around a lot and cause a lot of rattling, regardless of the muffler used.

Odyssey's suggestion of going to a different dealer is a very good recommendation. I've had cars where one dealer couldn't find the problem (but you could hear it), while another one fixed it quickly and easily. Depends who you're dealing with.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Sancho I know it is the exhaust, but it isn't the muffler. It's because of the isolators they took off, and there is nothing I can do to fix that because I don't have the parts.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

so wait, did they take it off when you were just there? making the problem worse? id be having a s hit fit.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
so wait, did they take it off when you were just there? making the problem worse? id be having a s hit fit.
They took it off the time I dropped off the car for a couple days, causing this whole new problem. They basically told me there is nothing they can do and to go to another dealer.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

get them to put that s hit back on! holy crap they took parts off your car? and told you to get out? im speechless. i truly dont know what to say. i would be irate with that dealership.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

They said that they couldn't put it back on because Ford told them not to and they refused to give me my part back....
Old 04-28-2010, 11:09 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

The isolators were removed from my car in order to FIX my vibration problem, and it did so pretty well.

Just try going to another dealer.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

i still at least demand my parts back.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

I did demand the parts back but they refused to give them to be because "ford said to take them off the car". They then fed me some bull**** that the destroyed the part because it was a TSB part......

Quick Reply: Need Help... Please read.