Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Mastermmm
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang v6
Default Looking for a great sound system for my 2005 Mustang v6

I currently have a stock system, but I want to get a nice 800 watt sub, and an adequate amp. the only problem is i know nothing about amps, subs, or wiring. and, i have talked to a couple people, and they tell me if i want a sub with that much power, i might need a better alternator than the stock one i have. does anyone have any knowledge on amps, subs, wiring, etc. and where i could get a good deal, along with if i would need another battery or alternator?

thanks,

mastermmm
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Mastermmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: '05 V6 to V8, GT450

I will say I personally like Rockford Fosgate equipment, they are a little expensive, when I bought my car from the previous owner he invested a little over 4k into the audio, he had 1 10" sub powered by 1 amp, they car speakers powered by another amp, it was all customed made into the trunk, really looked awesome and it hit so incredibly loud, alot of people will chime in on what to do. Attached a pic of what I had, its all gone now, I'm a performance guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0135.jpg (15.1 KB, 25 views)

Tuned by "The Man" Lito
obxdude018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
TheBocSez

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang

Why not go with the Shelby/Kicker plug and play system? Its a little expensive, but an easy upgrade without having to mix and match and its designed specifically for our cars. This is the one if you have the shaker, if not, there is a kit for that and its a little less.

http://www.championmustang.com/moder...ms-p-1146.html
TheBocSez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

I was going to Kenwood on the head unit and kickers. It all really depends on how much you want to spend. I'm sure you can get a nice system for around $500. I'm new to sound systems though.

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #5
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBocSez View Post
Why not go with the Shelby/Kicker plug and play system? Its a little expensive, but an easy upgrade without having to mix and match and its designed specifically for our cars. This is the one if you have the shaker, if not, there is a kit for that and its a little less.

http://www.championmustang.com/moder...ms-p-1146.html
Yea its made for our cars... But... You can build a better or equivalent system for half the price.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
Mastermmm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6 View Post
Yea its made for our cars... But... You can build a better or equivalent system for half the price.
And how would that be? I forgot to mention that I'm not looking to spend more than about 900-1,000, including installation.

Thanks for all the responses, and yeah I heard Kenwood is good stuff.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #7
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP

You want a good sound system then switch to dual exhaust and drop some GT takeoffs on there, and you got all the music you'll ever need lol.

But Seriously,

Try some Infinity Kappa speakers for the front, don't really need to bother with the back deck yet. And Infinity is a good with the "best bang for buck" thing.

Then for the sub, maybe another Infinity 12", or an alpine 10" if you want (those are all I can really think of right now for good quality on the cheap)

And for the amp I would suggest a little better than "adequate" because if your amp is pushing more power than the sub can take, bad things happen.

If you need any clarification lemme know, but this is just my opinion, and sort of how I set up my system (differences abound) and I never bothered to change the head unit, cause I got a shaker in there which is decent I guess?

Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
dom22

Vehicle: 05 mustang V6

Here is what I did.

Elemental Designs e9.65i components in the door.
2 Sundown Audio E8v2 subs in a ported enclosure.
JBL GTO5355 amp 5-channel.
KOL-AK4-4 amp kit by KnuKonceptz
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT head unit.
total was just over a grand, love it.
good luck
dom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
pyrosaxplayer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007,Ford,Mustang
Pyrosaxplayer11
Send a message via Skype™ to pyrosaxplayer

i have the Shaker 500 system so the compents are fine so far. but i installed a Polk audio PA880 amp thats runnin 720watts rms, and i was runnin a Polk Audio DXI 12" but that blew out and now i have a Kicker L3 12" solo baric never spent more than $700

so far:15% tint on driver and passenger, 5% on the rear three windows. Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, with a 3" chrome oval exhaust, SilverStar 4000k Headlight Bulbs, Kicker L5 Solo Baric 12" Sub in Ported box, Polk Audio 800watt amp
pyrosaxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #10
Mastermmm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaquib1992 View Post
You want a good sound system then switch to dual exhaust and drop some GT takeoffs on there, and you got all the music you'll ever need lol.

But Seriously,

Try some Infinity Kappa speakers for the front, don't really need to bother with the back deck yet. And Infinity is a good with the "best bang for buck" thing.

Then for the sub, maybe another Infinity 12", or an alpine 10" if you want (those are all I can really think of right now for good quality on the cheap)

And for the amp I would suggest a little better than "adequate" because if your amp is pushing more power than the sub can take, bad things happen.

If you need any clarification lemme know, but this is just my opinion, and sort of how I set up my system (differences abound) and I never bothered to change the head unit, cause I got a shaker in there which is decent I guess?
Awesome, thanks for the breakdown, I really don't know anything about sound systems so this is great. I'm gonna do some research on this stuff, see the costs and see what I like, and I'll definitely get back to you. Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 12s, 2005, audio, avhp4300dvd, bad, blown, dound, good, installing, kicker, l3, mustang, pioneer, sound, system, v6