Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Does This 2007 Mustang Have Frame Damage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 PM
FullBlownModz

Question Does This 2007 Mustang Have Frame Damage?

2007 Ford Mustang V6
ACV: $16,091 USD
Repair Cost: $11,062 USD

I can upload my pics if necessary. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

cant say by those pics. a good visual inspection of the frame would be in order. other than the rear bumper, 1/4, door and rocker area the car doesnt look too bad, but hard to tell by pics. that repair cost sounds pretty good, i hit a deer and caused over $5,000 in damage to the frt of my car( body shop/insurance prices). it could be repaired for alot less if you shopped around for the parts, body work, paint ect. with the tires flat and the car so dirty, it does look bad in the pics.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
JimC

I can't see any front end damage from those pictures, but look at how the passenger door sticks out. That suggests to me that something is twisted.

Maybe Pascal will check in, he does body work.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 PM
FullBlownModz

Originally Posted by JimC
I can't see any front end damage from those pictures, but look at how the passenger door sticks out. That suggests to me that something is twisted.

Maybe Pascal will check in, he does body work.
I went to check it out, but I wasn't allowed in because im not 18. My dad got to check it out and took some more pics for me (which I will be uploading soon). He said he couldn't check the frame because the car was so low to the ground (because of the flat tires). The door was compressed in at the bottom and couldn't be opened. It was like the person smashed into a curb. The car didn't turn on because the battery was probably dead. I will try and check it out again soon. The car has 32,XXX miles.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 PM
FullBlownModz

More pics. I don't know why they're sideways. Do you think it has sub-frame damage?

Behind the rear wheel:

Old 12-31-2011, 11:09 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Holy big side way pictures! I doubt it, The car looks fairly good, That door is sticking out because there is a hit right in the corner of that door and the quarter panel pushing the door out. So not necessarily something is twisted. But of course everything is guesstimation without actual inspection.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I feel like it could. The damage to my 1/4 after a little game of chicken with some trees wasn't nearly that bad, and my body guy said that any more would have pushed the car into "unrepairable" territory, which I assume means frame damage.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:02 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Here, I tried to fix some of the pics to make them easier to see.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

man the cost to fix that car makes it not worth it imo, im sure your stoked about looking at a mustang. but once a car is fugged up that bad itll never drive the same.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Well legendlime, when I wrecked my car up alot like that one, the cost was 6K to get new front and rear bumpers, fender, door, and 1/4 panel (welded in the window). That car needs new rims and tires, along with stripes, a trunk lid, a tail light, and possibly some suspension work, if that front tire is at the angle I think it's at. I'll take a guess at 8K to repair back to new, more if you want to do some mods while it's torn down. If you can get the car for like, 2K, and it's low miles, it would almost be worth it. Really you are looking at 1-1.5 months of shop work, 8K dollars plus cost of car, and a lack of resale value. Get it done by a good shop and it will drive better then stock, I know mine does.

Quick Reply: Does This 2007 Mustang Have Frame Damage?