Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

Default Blessing in Disguise!!

So a couple weeks ago, I was in a wreck in Arlington. A girl slammed into me from behind and knocked me into the car in front of me. Needless to say, both bumpers and my Borla touring exhaust all need replacing. Well I'm taking this opportunity to upgrade to the GT front bumper/grill and rear valance (am I the only one who actually prefers the GT rear valance to the GT500 one? but I digress...). I'm also switching to the S-Type mufflers as I want something a little louder than the Touring. And to top it all off, he's going to paint matte black racing stripes down the center of the car (10 inch stripes with 7/8 inch gap in between).

And because the accident was totally the other driver's fault, I don't have to come up with the deductible, which means essentially all I'm out to do all these changes is $70 for the GT grille surround! Of course I have to wait a couple weeks to get my car back, but it will be WELL worth the wait!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Congrats on getting rear ended, I suppose. Post up some before and after pics if you can.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
svastano
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 Visa V6

Good for you! I always thought if I hit a deer or something happened to the front I would go the Supersnake look...

2007 V6 Vista Blue, Billet Grill, CAI, FR500's, GT Rockers, Fang Chin Spoiler, Pypes X Pipe and GT Take Off's. Stainless Short Headers. Shaker Hood Scoop.
svastano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Nyhm
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang V6
Nyhmesis

In this thread, people wanting to get into accidents to get upgrades XD but that does suck OP, though I am glad you're getting a good deal out of it
Nyhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
TorchVert

Quote:
Originally Posted by svastano View Post
Good for you! I always thought if I hit a deer or something happened to the front I would go the Supersnake look...
Good choice

2005 Mustang 4.0L V6 'Vert
X-Charger Xtreme S/N 004 * 328 rwhp/ 339 rwtq
First X-Charged manual * First X-Charged 'vert * First X-Charger Xtreme manual
MF Ride of the Month: July 2011

Massachusetts Regional Chapter Forum
Torch_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Forty-two
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Conv.

Quote:
excellent choice. i did the same when some guy put into reverse and hit the gas when i was some meters behind him

2010 Smart Brabus ForTwo Convertible - White
Forty-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
svastano
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 Visa V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyhm View Post
In this thread, people wanting to get into accidents to get upgrades XD but that does suck OP, though I am glad you're getting a good deal out of it
We are not wanting to get into accidents.... But if an unfortunate event would happen then you might as well take the opportunity.

2007 V6 Vista Blue, Billet Grill, CAI, FR500's, GT Rockers, Fang Chin Spoiler, Pypes X Pipe and GT Take Off's. Stainless Short Headers. Shaker Hood Scoop.
svastano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
Forty-two
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang Conv.

Quote:
We are not wanting to get into accidents.... But if an unfortunate event would happen then you might as well take the opportunity.
+1

2010 Smart Brabus ForTwo Convertible - White
Forty-two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
- and if it's all the same to the insurance company, why not make lemonade out of the lemons of life?

Still, not the way I'd choose to change my car...kind of "uncontrolled experiment!"
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

ok....here are a few shots I took today in the shop. Still waiting on the paint to "cure", and they still have to do my wheel alignment and get her all cleaned up. I apologize for the car being dirty (and yes the hood is popped in the pick), but it will give you some idea of what it looks like now. I'm VERY pleased with the way the stripes turned out. He did an excellent job.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stripes3.jpg (10.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg stripes2.jpg (13.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg stripes1.jpg (9.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Mercury83; 06-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Mercury83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
blessing, blue, boat, disguise, gt, jet, mustang, rocker, turbo, vista