Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help with info on extended warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Backdoctor

Default Help with info on extended warranty...

My fiance has a 2010 V6 Vert and is coming up on her third year. My buddy who has a vette bought a GM Extd Warranty but saved a lot of money by buying from a dealership outside where we live in Florida.

Can anyone help with some guidance as to if Ford offers an extended warranty and if so is there a somewhere to buy it where it is le$$?

Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Backdoctor
My fiance has a 2010 V6 Vert and is coming up on her third year. My buddy who has a vette bought a GM Extd Warranty but saved a lot of money by buying from a dealership outside where we live in Florida.

Can anyone help with some guidance as to if Ford offers an extended warranty and if so is there a somewhere to buy it where it is le$$?

Thanks
dont.do.it.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

If you get an extended warranty make sure it is a FORD FACTORY warranty, not underwritten by an out side CO. The diff is with a FORD warranty you can take car to any FORD dealer. With an out side CO you are stuck with the dealership that sold it.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Backdoctor

Thanks
Hello Backdoctor,

We do offer extended warranties. You can check the coverages here. Also, you can contact your Local Ford dealer or the Extended Warranty Department at 1-800-367-3377 for more info. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Extended warranties are like betting that your car's reliability isn't worth squat. Find out how much that extended warranty costs, then take that amount and take out a CD or put it in some other interest-bearing account. I'll lay odds that in the life of the car you either won't use it to fix the car or, if you DO use it, you'll still come out ahead.

Extended warranties are great for the guys that sell them. I've owned well over a dozen vehicles and have racked up well over 1,000,000 driving miles and I'd have lost big time had I given away my $$ for extended warranties.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Backdoctor

Thanks all. I am specifically looking at a Ford Ext'd Warranty. I have one for my Nissan Murano which covers me to 100k miles or 7 years. It is my 4th year of owning the car and I had to put in a tie rod and AC compressor so it pretty much paid for itself. I put on 15k mile per year, but my fiance only does about 8k per year.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Extended warranties are like betting that your car's reliability isn't worth squat. Find out how much that extended warranty costs, then take that amount and take out a CD or put it in some other interest-bearing account. I'll lay odds that in the life of the car you either won't use it to fix the car or, if you DO use it, you'll still come out ahead.

Extended warranties are great for the guys that sell them. I've owned well over a dozen vehicles and have racked up well over 1,000,000 driving miles and I'd have lost big time had I given away my $$ for extended warranties.
My work vans take a beating, just had to have ball joints replaced, paid for 1/2 of my ext warranty & I still have 4 yrs to go.

I wouldnt do it on my passenger cars tho.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY IS A WASTE OF $$.
Put what you would pay for it into a bank account and
manage the $$ yourself.

Extended Warranties are designed to take your $$ and thats all...

Its a total S C A M.

Tell em if they would build them right,
then there should be no need for the
Extended Warranty. Are they not confident
that the vehicle will perform correctly over
the next 10 years with proper maintenance?
Ask them that...
And see the blank stare you receive...

Last edited by 157dB; 02-26-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
ANY EXTENDED WARRANTY IS A WASTE OF $$.
Put what you would pay for it into a bank account and
manage the $$ yourself.

Extended Warranties are designed to take your $$ and thats all...

Its a total S C A M.

Tell em if they would build them right,
then there should be no need for the
Extended Warranty. Are they not confident
that the vehicle will perform correctly over
the next 10 years with proper maintenance?
Ask them that...
And see the blank stare you receive...

AMEN!
I have yet to get an extended warranty on any car! Complete waste of MONEY! If you have money to put into a warranty, put that money into a bank account and let it MAKE money for you!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I'm also a bit biased against extended warranties but I've been terribly spoiled from being a Toyota owner for the past 33 years with 6 Toyotas over 100,000 miles and 3 of those over 200,000 miles. I think I spent less in maintenance on all 6 Toyotas than I did on any 2 of my other 6 or more domestic vehicles that I've owned.

Quick Reply: Help with info on extended warranty...