Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Would this be TOO much?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 12:05 AM
young_mustang

Default Would this be TOO much?

So I've gotten the performance bolt ons i wanted done, and i want to work on exterior appearance now..

My predicament is I really like the look of the Boss reverse C, but i also really like the racing/rally stripes as well. If i were to do both would this be too much on the car, making it look "overdone" per say? I have a satin silver convertible and I am doing the black and silver look. I am also going to do the black shorty antennae, black billet fuel door, and a black hood scoop. Here are the products i was looking at.

Racing stripes: Name:  mustangracingstripes_zps511db55b.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  165.4 KB

Reverse C: Name:  mustangreversec_zps40afab66.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  59.8 KB

Also, they both be glossy black, and I have already installed a black spoiler.
Name:  mustangrearshot_zpsa4c58f9d.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  85.1 KB

I have been searching and havent found a photo of someone with the exact same thing I was thinking about doing.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks guys and gals!

Haydn

Last edited by young_mustang; 07-29-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:59 AM
XEDES
2nd Gear Member

Personally I think it's too much. Maybe a single racing stripe ('13 boss style) with the boss sides wouldn't be bad but you would need to get rid of those door guards.

Last edited by XEDES; 07-29-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

+1 on too much. I'd ditch the reverse C and if you MUST have a stripe on the sides, I'd go with the OE "MUSTANG" stripe along the bottom between the tire wells. Personally, I'd hold off on the sides, period, until your other visuals are completed.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 AM
young_mustang

Okay, I just tried visualizing it all in my head, and wasnt sure if it was too much, but I think I will have to agree with you.

And wow, I learned something new today, i never really even thought too much about those door guards.. searched some threads and turns out all fleet/rental cars had them, and mine was a rental car in California. Interesting!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:08 AM
young_mustang

Originally Posted by Nuke
+1 on too much. I'd ditch the reverse C and if you MUST have a stripe on the sides, I'd go with the OE "MUSTANG" stripe along the bottom between the tire wells. Personally, I'd hold off on the sides, period, until your other visuals are completed.
Nuke,

The MUSTANG stripe was an option, but I am not too much of a fan of it. What other visuals do you mean, like the billit door hinge, etc i mentioned? Or do you have any other suggestions. I just saved up some money so i am ready to put some "make up" on her
Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I meant that I think you should do those visual mods that had mentioned except for ANY side stripes, THEN imagine how you think she'd look with the reverse C or other side work.

If your car was Legend Lime, your car's rear end would look identical to my wife's '06 Pony except for your duals.

Also, with your black/silver theme, I'd consider smoked tailights.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Problem Solved: http://www.autotrimdesign.net/Boss_3...rd_Mustang.asp
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
I meant that I think you should do those visual mods that had mentioned except for ANY side stripes, THEN imagine how you think she'd look with the reverse C or other side work.
This! ^

Or if your feeling brave, try plastidipping the reverse C stripe. I honestly don't know if it would be too much or not, but if it looks good, you'll have something unique!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM
young_mustang

I know I don't come around here a lot, mainly because you guys give me ideas for my car when I don't have any money, but this is why I love this forum, you guys are quick to help and are very informed.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Yeah in my opinion simple is better, less is more. Go with those stripes, they are great, but the side stripes are too much. If I were you I would get rid of the door guards and get a new front bumper and then either get smoked headlights/tail lights or get some tint to put on them. Car would look pretty badass after that.