Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

CarGard and Lok-Itt Steering Column Lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:06 PM
simjack

Default CarGard and Lok-Itt Steering Column Lock

We carry a large inventory of brand new CarGard and Lok-Itt Steering column locks. These column locks are designed to wrap complete around the steering column protecting the ignition switch and the steering column. These locks are difficult to find, as many retail auto parts stores do not carry them anymore.
These locks will fit many Ford and Lincoln Mercury vehicles from 1990 thru 2001 (including the Mustang).
I also have similar column locks available for Chevrolet and Dodge vehicles from the early 1970's to 2005.
You can visit our web site at http://www.simjack.com or send me an email at simjack@optonline.net for detailed make and model information.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Dearborn5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CarGard and Lok-Itt Steering Column Lock

I just ordered a secure shifter lock from Jack Simion Enterprises

www.simjack.com

it was 55 bucks and is a heavy duty unit. I'm impressed.
(I thought it was going to be ebay junk)

anyway, I payed through paypal and got it within 5 business days.

I'd do business with him again

my 2 cents

Dearborn 5.0
Old 05-24-2006, 04:49 PM
simjack

Thank you Dearborn 5.0. Glad to hear that you were satisfied. If you get a chance please send pictures after the installation. While I do not carry the largest inventory, I do make sure what I have is quality. You will notice that I do not carry any of the steering wheel bar locks. This is because I feel ( and others may disagree) that they are not really that great a theft deterrant.
Again thanks for the positve feedback. Much of our business is through word of mouth from customers such as yourself.
Jack
Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Dearborn5.0
2nd Gear Member

I'm happy you offer this shifter lock.

I heard about shifter locks from my dad. But I never found one on ebay, and google didnt bring up anything of merit. Local auto stores had cheap car alarms, and a few dusty lok-itt boxes. No shifter locks

I feel that a mechanical theft deturrant is better than any sort of "car alarm" Car alarms are electrical, and so can be shorted
or unplugged. And no one checks a car alarm going off in the parking lot.

I found your business site by searching for lok-itt steering wheel collars on google.

I'm happy you offer many (lok-itt) models, the local murrays here only had 3, and they were in dusty boxes. They didnt have the mustang
model and it was 100-109 dollars. That was a bit too much in my opinion.

I noticed that either the lok-itt or car guard steering column locks are listed for 1990 and newer mustangs. I have a 87 mustang.

I know ford changed the steering wheel in 1990 for air bags. It may be possible that this steering column lock fits earlier mustangs. The steering column length/plastic cover may be the same. I dont know.

I'll be happy to take pictures for you when I install it in the mustang.

I'm probably going to weld in the bracket.