Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

New Forum Sponsor Tunable Induction deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 12:00 PM
JP DeMolet
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New Forum Sponsor Tunable Induction deal

As far as the warranty vs. factory is concerned note that once you've installed the system it's 15-20 minutes to switch/flash it back to stock. There is NO modification involved and the factory system comes off in one complete piece. My system will come completely assembled, other than adding the filter/shield/sensor. I preassemble them and check all the specs. so there is no, and hasn't been, any fittment problems.

We're also happy to help with any installation/tuner support when you install the system. Call the tech # 910-944-3663 so that the order line isn't tied up. Mon-Sat 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM, till 3:00 on Saturdays. If you have a tech question on the weekends you won't have to wait till Monday.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:26 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

sweet. good post. another intake for the six! whoo hooo!
Old 07-04-2006, 12:20 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

This is really, really - really cool. I was for sure going with the Xcal/C&L and looking to spend $600+ after delivery. But you have such a killer deal - not to mention the better performance kit - that when some money comes in I'm going to have to give you a call.

I really like the custom painted intakes too!
Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

You would think that more would have already done it considering the HUGE market % of mustangs that the V6 represents.

True, there's no doubt that volume alone shows more V6 mustangs than V8. However what are the owner demographics? Are V6 owners more likely to just buy the car and leave it alone, no tuning? I recall reading a statistic stating that only 1 out of 10 V6 mustangs were manual, 9/10 were automatic. So that might indeed imply that the majority of V6 owners are a "set it and forget it" crowd. They buy the car because it looks nice. They add only gasoline and the occasional car wash.

Flip side, 9/10 of all GT mustangs are manual. Not all racers necessarily but the potential is there for a lot more. They obviously like more horsepower. That or just like the little GT on the side of the car.

So indeed there might be a larger V6 sales, but V8 aftermarket sales possibly dwarf those of the V6.

*edit*
But I'm with ya. I too have a V6 PP mustang and would like to improve performance a bit. CAI is obviously a first choice.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
markman69

Howdy Folks,

I only have about 2K on my Stang... does the engine require a little more break-in time before adding the CAI. Can I use the CAI without doing the tune and will there be any added/loss of performance? Thanks!

Mark

[IMG]local://upfiles/37612/962512C5A26B4D1F82377ACEE67944A7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 AM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Doug at Bamachips offers an 87 performance,89 performance,91 performance, and a 91 torque tune. You the pick three that you want. I believe extras are $50.00 as well as upgraded tunes when you mod your car.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 AM
JP DeMolet
1st Gear Member

Mark the tune is required.

The non tuner systems have to stay very close to the factory intake diameter sizing @ 70mm. Thus not removing all the restriction.
My intake diameter is 77mm while also adding an oversized filter for this diameter. With the tuner the gains will be +7-8 rwhp over the non tuner systems.

But it's not just relieving the total restriction that you'll benefit from. The Xcal2 will also make a HUGE difference with firming up the shifting with the autos and eliminate the 'drive by wire' vague throttle feel. Plus you can accomodate bigger rims with adjusting for this size with the Xcal along with different gears.

As your mods are increased the tuner system will always take full advantage of the added mods. If you go with an exhaust change, other than catback, another tune will be required. I simply email my customers the new tune which is downloaded into the Xcal and then uploaded to the car. I include the SCT usb cable with the system purchase to enable this. If I don't have the needed custom tune in my tune library it's usually only 1-2 days for SCT to email me a new tune. NO SENDING the tuner back and forth or having to pay for custom tunes.

In the long run you know you're getting the full benefit of future engine mods and can adjust the computer for these mods without having to worry about getting the car dynoed to check your A/F .

You can run my 91 octane tune with the 91 you have available or the 87 tune with the 87 octane.

I also enable the 'end-user' adjustability with our tunes. This way you can taylor the tune for changes in altitude and fuel quality.
I tell customers just don't go crazy with adding +5 degrees timing all at once....add a degree at a time until you hear detonation with your given octane, then back out a degree at a time until you're just shy of detonation. It's the same for adding or removing fuel.
You won't hurt the motor with hitting the detonation spot while tweaking the tune. I do recommend dyno tuning for blown motors.

Our tuner/help support is provided Mon-Sat. and NO charge for future tunes.

BAMA CHIPS tunes are optional for systems, but he also doesn't charge for future tune changes once you've purchased the $ 50. tune package from him.

My tunes are performance tunes by SCT on their dyno with my system. They're a safe, not race tune, but can be tweaked. My custom tuners change other values in the tune tables for different performance aspects, not just the A/F, which further benefit differently modded Mustangs.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

i have a question for you JP, i am pretty dead set on the JBA exhaust, even before seeing your package. any deals on the intake/exhaust package?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:49 PM
JP DeMolet
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waiting4thefunds

i have a question for you JP, i am pretty dead set on the JBA exhaust, even before seeing your package. any deals on the intake/exhaust package?

Yes, I'll give you better deal than the JBA / TI price I have on the site: $ 820., delivered. for the comp-combo.
Call toll free 866-509-7453 to order.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
drios

JP, quick question on the painted systems--in what way did you consider heat buildup in the engine bay when choosing the paints? How are your painted systems holding up in the heat?
Thanks for the info, and for a great deal as well!
-DR

Quick Reply: New Forum Sponsor Tunable Induction deal