Archive - Want To Buy Ads Looking for a part to increase the performance of your Mustang? Your Mustang Parts search begins here!

cheap mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:38 PM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

i'm looking for a 79-93 mustang, i'm really looking for a notchback or maybe a hatchback, but no convertibles. i dont want a motor and i'd like to have a 5-speed but it doesnt have to have a tranny at all. i'm looking for something $1000 or under.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

Originally Posted by spideys85gt
i'm looking for a 79-93 mustang, i'm really looking for a notchback or maybe a hatchback, but no convertibles. i dont want a motor and i'd like to have a 5-speed but it doesnt have to have a tranny at all. i'm looking for something $1000 or under.
i wish i would of seen this earlier. i have a 89 gt that i took some parts from. motor only had like 50k onit. aod car lost 3,4 intrans,273 gear, and body a little ruff was asking 500 obo. if your still interested i could let my buddy know see what if wants to do. he was going to part it out to the laurel mt mustang guys since he is good friends with the owners.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:58 PM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok well i'll tell you what, give me a list of stuff this car needs and if you could get some pictures of it that would be awesome. are we looking at a hatch or notch here? and when you say the bodys is rough, what do you mean by rough? also how is the frame?
Old 11-20-2003, 12:56 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok well i'll tell you what, give me a list of stuff this car needs and if you could get some pictures of it that would be awesome. are we looking at a hatch or notch here? and when you say the bodys is rough, what do you mean by rough? also how is the frame?
mustangs dont have frames. it is a gt which is a hatchback. the car is white. needs some body work like some mud and a fender. the one fender is got hung up on the door. the only thing with the car is i took the nose and the wing. but have the lx ones for it. it needs the mass air or just make it speed density. i took the mass air for my conversion on my 88.it has the red and black interior. i cutout a section of the floor behind the passenger seat and replaced it. needs a catback exhaust. shocks and springs. tires, brakes. if i could get the scanner working ill post a pic of it if you still interested.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:41 AM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok well i'm still interested. but i definately need some pictures.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:49 AM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

oh yeahsorry about the frame question, how is the unibody? and was it in an accident.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:20 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

oh yeah sorry about the frame question, how is the unibody? and was it in an accident.
yea the unibody is cool. it was in an accident. i found out the hard way. when i replaced the floor panel seen that the passenger side was replaced. i could give you the vin if you interested to check it on carfax if you want never did it since i found a clean lx and took the mods off the gt. when i got it it had a fresh bbk h pipe and american thunder cat back. i bought it from a buddy i told him what exhaust to buy then i boughtit off of him. ill try to post a pic asap. it would be what the car looked like before i took it off the road. the car was previsouly from NY i seen this on the title. yes it is an R title.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:27 AM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok so what is an R title? does that mean salvage or junk? IL doesnt have R titles. does this car still have most of the motor in it and the tranny? and what shape is the intirior in?
Old 11-20-2003, 03:57 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok so what is an R title? does that mean salvage or junk? IL doesnt have R titles. does this car still have most of the motor in it and the tranny? and what shape is the intirior in?
an R title is a rebuilt title means a vehicle was totaled before. the motor runs jsut needs plugs. has around 50k on it. tranny lost 3and 4 in it. interior is there. needs bolt back in.needs carpet tho i had to remove it and it was runied when i took it out.the interior is a little faded but nothing a little dye cant fix. redand black interior. car also has the sunroof option.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:01 AM
spideys85gt
2nd Gear Member

Default cheap mustang

ok man well i'm still interested, get me some pics and then we can talk furthur

Quick Reply: cheap mustang