West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Motorgen Ortega Canyon/PCH Cruise January 9th

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

I want to first thank everyone for showing up - I think we had about 75 cars at Savi which was awesome!

Now I want to apologize - sorry for all the problems today. That accident that closed the 91-15 interchange really fouled things up. I never expected that to happen and unfortunately their really isn't a good alternative route. I know it kind of splintered everyone up and it really slowed us down. I had really worked to have things run smoothly and I feel really bad that it didn't happen.

Ultimately we still had a really large group make it to the end, so thanks for sticking it out with us. We should have video and pictures up here soon.

Sorry again, but thanks for coming everyone!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
2011Black5.0
4th Gear Member

definitly worth the chaos lol a great cruise thanks for putting this together sean

and good choice on super mex lol
Old 01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

More pictures and a link to our album here. Also, the video should be up by the end of the day with any luck. Thanks again everyone. I learned some lessons on this one (namely, to always have a backup route around major freeway crashes). The next one will be better
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Video is up.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

I'm starting to work on planning the next cruise. I'm shooting for Glendora Mountain Road on either Feb. 13th or Feb. 20th. We usually do cruises on the 2nd Saturday of every month, but since Valentines day is the 14th I may move it back. I created a poll and I am looking for input from everyone for which day is better.

Also, I learned some lessons from the last cruise. I am looking to have the staging area where we all meet closer to the actual run. It's hard to get out of Savi with as many cars as we had (over 70) and I think it'll just be easier if we meet close to where we're going. With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions for locations where we could meet? I know a lot of us in the area run GMR, so I'm hoping somebody will have a great idea.

Finally, I'm also looking for somewhere to eat after we finish the run. Obviously somewhere in the area of the exit of GMR would be preferable. I'm going to look up some options, but if anyone knows any great restaurants or something cool in the area, please post it up. I'm hoping for another large turnout, so it needs to be somewhere than can accommodate all our vehicles and a good amount of people. Thanks again for everyone that came to the last one. If you missed it the thread with pics and video is here.

The thread for the GMR run is here. I hope to see you all next month - THANKS!

Sean