West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Last Motorgen Cruise for the Year. GMR on December 11th!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Default Last Motorgen Cruise for the Year. GMR on December 11th!!

Last cruise of the year for us. December 11th, GMR!

Always a good time

The meet point will be at a Kohl's in Upland with a very large parking lot. The address for Kohl's is:

1923 N Campus Ave
Upland, CA 91784

This puts us only about 5 miles or so from the beginning of the run. The total distance for the entire cruise is 43.3 miles. It should last about an hour and a half total. Once we finish the run the meeting point will be at a restaurant called La Tolteca (EXCELLENT Mexican food with a large parking lot and plenty of room for all of us inside). The restaurant is less than 5 miles from the end of the run, so again it should be a lot easier to keep together. The address for La Tolteca is:

429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

I am going to shoot for a meet time at the Kohl's in Upland at 2:45p.m. We will leave the lot at 3:30p.m. With any luck, we should arrive for dinner between 5 and 5:30p.m.

Here is the route we are taking.
I have gone through and cleaned it up by hand (don't trust google maps completely) and it should be simple. I will have directions for everyone at the Kohl's and will hand them out before we leave. The drive is a lot of fun and the views are pretty incredible. Here are the pics and vids from last time - well over 30 of us went! See you all the 11th!!!

Also, there is a hangover run planned for January 1st that got posted on our board. It looks like a lot of fun and a bunch of us are planning on going if anyone wants to join us!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Back from Florida bump. I'm watching the weather and it's supposed to be nice next weekend. Here is our facebook page with a link to the event if anyone wants to invite friends that way. I'd say we're looking at 25-30 cars already for those wondering. See you all on the 11th!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Bump. Weather is supposed to be perfect! We're really going to try to stay on schedule so we make it off the mountain by dark (sunset is 4:42), and so everyone can get home to watch the UFC fight. See you all Saturday!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Directions printed and ready to go. Turnout looks great. I'm expecting at least 30 cars. See everyone tomorrow!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:32 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

Awesome run everyone. We had over 50 cars (I think we had about 60 before a couple broke down).

A short list:
-MkIV Supra
-Evo's
-Subie's
-SRT4's
-CobaltSS
-Mustangs/Mach 1/Cobras/Bullitt/Fox Body
-Corvettes
-S2000
-GTO's
-4th/5th Gen Camaros
-Lightning
-Porsche Boxster
-1st gen Talon
-350z/370z Nismo
-RX8
-240SX
-240Z with an LS1
-Genesis Coupe
-BMW
-G8
-Solstice
-Charger SRT8
-Nissan Altima Coupe
-CTS-V
and a freakin' DeLorean.

It was a great run (besides our lead car semi side-swiping a bike in the middle of the road...) with almost no traffic. Thanks to everyone for coming!

We're still determining the time and date of next run, but it will probably be the 2nd week of January on either Saturday or Sunday. I'm hearing a lot of feedback that Sunday runs may be better. Does anyone have any input on that?

Here are some pictures and a video. More media to come. Thanks again everyone!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 PM
SeanPlunk
2nd Gear Member

The last of the video is here and here.

After taking some feedback it sounds like Sundays are preferable for most people. We're looking at moving the events to the 2nd Sunday of each month.

The next possible event date would be January 9th, although I'm not positive on that yet. Looking at maybe doing Mulholland, Palomar, or Angeles Crest. I'm still in the planning stage because of the way the weather is this time of year. Ortega might end up being a backup...

Happy Holidays to everyone and Happy New Year. Be safe out there!