Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.

American Racing? American Muscle Racing? Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 11:23 PM
Trikitrakes

Default American Racing? American Muscle Racing? Stock?

Hello

I recently got my 06 GT and very excited about it, and it comes completely stock which I think it'a good thing as that will let me do things to my taste.
But the first thing that needs to be done is tires. I thought I had my mind set, but then I thought of changing the wheels as well; if I'm doing one why not do both now? I have a few questions, and hoping some of you have already had any experience to share.

First of all, my GT comes with the stock 17' bullitt style, which it's not bad and could keep them. Now, I've come across a pair of brands of wheels with a style that I like a lot, and they are in a good price range ($150-$180): American Racing (AR904) and American Muscle Racing (AMR black).
Any comments on which brand would be the best ?

And also would you think these brands & styles offer any improvement over the stock (other than the looks) ? I've tried to find things like weight differences with not much luck. While this car is going to be my daily driver, I expect to take it to the occasional autocross and track maybe.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:42 AM
Buck Sergeant
2nd Gear Member

Default American Racing? American Muscle Racing? Stock?

Trikitrakes, my nephew just installed a set of the 17" bullitt rims on his black Foxbody, and it looks great. We like the retro look on Foxbodies. But for you,the AMR Black is a nice looking wheel, and I think it would look good on your year car. Presently I am running Boss Laguna Seca Wheels on my 2014 GT. Also, if you aren't racing on a steady diet, I would not bother to by "light weight wheels." I have Forgestar wheels, F-14 mounted on 19x11 wheels, that I use for competition only. Yes, I like to waste money. Regular wheels will suit your purposes just fine. Good luck with your new ride. Remember, the right wheels, and tires, will give your car a great new personality. NOTE: Do the AMR wheels come in 17"? You might have to change your rim size to 18" if you want the AMRs. Let ne know your decision.