Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Tuning warranty questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 08:37 AM
Willmkent

Default Tuning warranty questions

Hey Guys,

just picked up my ECOBOOST, and I love it, I want to head over to livernois motorsports to get their tuner and tune for the car but I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any kind of warranty experience while having this type of a tune on this car or any car like it???
Old 06-08-2015, 01:27 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

If it's like the Bama tunes, it saves your factory setup and you can just put it right back to factory before taking it in for service, then retune it after service.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:50 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

if your tune causes a ford part to fail it may void the warrenty, but bama has good tunes and are reputable. so i wouldnt worry about that, if you ever have to go in for service just flash back to stock, and after service flash the tune back in
Old 06-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Willmkent

Thanks guys, I'll need to look into bama tunes, I haven't heard of this yet, I come from used cars with no warranty so a build was a build, just finally decided to stop fixing lol and buy something nice, so these tunes to write data to a log on the at that can be uncovered ???
Old 06-08-2015, 03:42 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

yes and no, there are telltale markers that can be picked up on by ford if they suspect that a tune has caused a major failure, the main reason to tune back to stock for repairs at a dealer, is they may have to perform an update to the pcm for many reasons, and the tune will prevent that from happening, and may even lock up mid reflash and blank the pcm. so better safe than sorry
Old 06-08-2015, 03:49 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

My understanding is that a tune really cant be tracked by the dealer. If you do a performance tune then return to stock the PCM will look like it lost power. My understanding is there is no telltale cookies left on the PCM. We should probably ask this exact question in the tuner section and get some input from the bama and SCT boys.!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:59 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

i ran into a diesel that i was working on a few years ago (ford 6.4) and ford had me look at a pid, or for a code (cant remember which one) which was an indicator of a reflash with a non ford scan tool. maybe that was just on that paticular diesel pcm, or maybe there arte ways around that too. those guys would know for sure. good idea
Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Willmkent

Good info guys, am I in the wrong section, I didn't see a tuning forum for this engine but if I wrong I would like to correct, anyway, I'm loving this car, it's unreal the difference from the the previous Model mustang that I had as well
Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

There is a tuning section of the forum but I doubt you posted in the wrong section being as you now own a S550. So this section was a good place to look for an answer. It's just a question I've always wanted an answer to also being as I've already purchased a cold air intake and a tune and my 2015 GT isn't scheduled to show up for another two weeks. I slap a tune on everything I own.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Willmkent

Oh right on man!! How do you like your GT??? I bought a brand new 2007 back then and lived that one too, but the new S550 is unreal

Quick Reply: Tuning warranty questions