Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Need help mounting Undercar neons!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default Need help mounting Undercar neons!!!

Basically the subject says it all. I am trying to mount the neons on my 05 and I don't have a clue where to mount the rear. The only possible places I see are on the rear bumper or drill a hole through the trunk. Please someone help! I would love to see pics of under the car so I can see how some of you have done it. please, i've been working on this for over a week and just don't know what to do!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:24 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help mounting Undercar neons!!!

i tie wrapped mine in places closer to the center of the car one te wrap every 2 inches woorks well and is easier/safer to do if you dunno what your drilling into. ill check exactly where they are when i get home wont be till like 9 pst though
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Okay, Thanks. I would really like to mount them with the supplied hardware, but I may consider your option as well, but I rather do it the correct way. I've just had back luck overtime lol!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Okay, I went and got zip ties and it's nearly impossible to put them on without drilling. I tried both the rear and drivers side! I'm to the point about just throwing the things away but I don't wanna lose all of that money I spent on them
Old 08-02-2006, 02:19 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I like the idea of throwing them away lol, neons on a stang? Sounds very ricey/boy racer! But I'm old and out of the loop so what do I know.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

I like the idea of throwing them away lol, neons on a stang? Sounds very ricey/boy racer! But I'm old and out of the loop so what do I know.
I agree. Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Lol I'm with you on that one, put them on ebay some ricer will buy it. But if you're almost done installing it might as well, just post pics.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:52 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

sorry wasnt able to check last night ill check it tonight. i personally dont think its rice it looks cool if you see it flying by at night and you cant see what car has it. but i geuss its all a matter of opinion. I say if scrming has it isnt rice o_O
Old 08-02-2006, 02:56 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Well I really like the look and everything at car shows with them on. It's the only mod i'm going to do. I don't car how fast my car is or anything, as long as I can get it up to 70mph i'm happy
Old 08-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

Well I really like the look and everything at car shows with them on. It's the only mod i'm going to do. I don't car how fast my car is or anything, as long as I can get it up to 70mph i'm happy
Yea all the matters is that you like it cuz in the end it's your car. I've seen some mustangs do it and they looked horrible, mainly cuz they used weird colors, and it has left me with a sour taste. Just remember to post pics, maybe I'll make an exception!

Quick Reply: Need help mounting Undercar neons!!!