Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Halo Fog Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:32 PM
cportner

Default Halo Fog Light Question

I really like the way the GT fog lights look. I saw an aftermarket grille on ebay that includes halo fog lamps. I just wanted to know if anybody purchased a similar product and what they think of them.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:34 PM
cportner

Default RE: Halo Fog Light Question

Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...19125092QQrdZ1
Old 08-20-2006, 10:13 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I purchased that one last week ... and it is do for delivery tomorrow .... I'll post pics once installed ... which will be tomorrow since it doesn't take long to swap grills .. might not run the wiring tomorrow unless it looks easy ...
Old 08-20-2006, 11:29 PM
cportner

Thanks. Let me know how the quality is. The plastic looked kind of cheap in the pic.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:31 PM
cportner

By the way I like your tint. Is that 15%? My 06 is also yellow.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

My tint in that picture was 20% installed over the factory tint ... I had it tested and it came out at 9% .... I actually removed it yesterday and replaced it with 35% ... which is still quite dark over the factory tint ... I didn't want to have any issues with the local law enforcment since Georgia says it cannot be darker than 32% ...

As far as the grill ... I am not expecting it to be as strong as the original grill ... but if you have seen classic Mustang grills they are rather cheap. As long as it is as strong as an original 60's Mustang Grill I'll be happy. I plan on installing a 69 Grill Ornament as well ..
Old 08-21-2006, 07:20 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Got the grill in ... didn't wire it yet .... it fits perfect and has all the tabs just like the original V6 grill. Hard to see in the picture but the lower honeycomb grill now sticks out like a sore thumb so gonna have to replace that as well. Just gotta get my 69 Grill emblem now ...

Old 08-21-2006, 09:18 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

So does this kit come with a direct wiring harness or do you need to splice the wires?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

It comes with a complete wiring harness ... not a single splice required. Here are the fog lights hooked up and powered on. I completely removed the LED's and associated wiring since I was not interested in the HALO effect. I also did not connect the relay to the main light harness that way I can power them up independently of the head lights ... and can also leave them on with the high beams ....

Also for now I just used the included light switch which has an adhesive backing. I attached it under the dash out of sight and below the steering wheel. There is a small LED that remains on ... green for off ... amber for on. Since I wired it directly the LED is always on ... I doubt it could ever draw enough power to kill the battery. Eventually I'll get a nice fog light rocker, drill a hold in the empty area to the right of the headlight housing and mount the switch there.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Looks really good. Is there any way to mount the Pony back on the grill? I like the look of the running pony on front.

Quick Reply: Halo Fog Light Question