Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

grill question, not wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default grill question, not wiring.

OK, i have seen a million posts about wiring the GT grill up, does the pony package grill not fit in the GT bumper? I personally think the small headlamps and corral look better than the monstrous GT fog lamps. Can I get a GT bumper and keep the pony package grill?
Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: grill question, not wiring.

the tabs are in totally different places from the stock sixer bumper to the GT bumper... you still need to cut ALL the tabs on the bottom of the grill in order for the side tabs to go into the bumper... the side tabs are in the same position on both models... the GT grill is wider and taller than the sixer grill... it will fit, though, if you get a little creative in installing the grill... I have a sixer grill on my GT bumper (see sig)...
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

+1 Before you buy the grill, see if you can get some dimensions and guesstimate how it will fit. After I take my drive to Philly tomorrow, if I'm back home before dark, I will try to measure my old pony grill for you and the spacing on my GT front bumper cover...maybe this will give you an idea of what the job will entail.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, I have the side skirts and rear bumper, I want a new front bumper, not necesarily a GT takeoff, but something to make it look meaner. I would like to keep the Pony package grill though.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Ok, so when I see a fascia in a magazine or online and it has two options, gt and v6, are they the same fascia, just one will fit a v6 grill and one will fit a gt grill?
Old 10-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Feng Houzi

Ok, so when I see a fascia in a magazine or online and it has two options, gt and v6, are they the same fascia, just one will fit a v6 grill and one will fit a gt grill?
yes , dont think that its going to be a easy swap between the V6 and the GT grills.. they werent meant to be used that way...
Old 10-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

so i want the aggressive look of a gt or custom fascia and the pony package. Is this possible/feasible? I dont want a huge gap around the grill that would irritate me to no end.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Ok, here are those grill measurements I promised....

GT Grill: About 39" wide and 8" high
Pony Grill: About 38.5" wide and 7.5" high

So, there's about 1/4" extra clearance all around the GT grill.

My measurements aren't perfect, because of the natural curve of the grill, but the difference between the two is probably pretty much right on.

My advice would be, if you want to keep the pony grill and get a more aggressive bumper cover, get a custom one or search around for some that are specifically made for the V6.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Sweet, thanks man. You are a gentleman and a scholar, I don't care what everyone else says. I always see a fascia in a mag, and there is two options, GT and V-6. as long as the fascia looks the same ill just get the one that will fit my Pony package.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

Sweet, thanks man. You are a gentleman and a scholar, I don't care what everyone else says. I always see a fascia in a mag, and there is two options, GT and V-6. as long as the fascia looks the same ill just get the one that will fit my Pony package.
I know most of the higher end body kits are GT only. But if they have the option for the v6, just make sure it will look right without the rest of the body kit. (Sometimes they are really low and look out of proportion with the OEM side skirts and rear bumper.) I know with 3dcarbon it wont look right unless you buy the whole kit because they also sell you fender flares that make your fenders look bigger, and the front fascia is designed to meet up with the fender flares they give you. (Im specifically talking about the "Boy Racer" kit.)

Quick Reply: grill question, not wiring.