Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Looking for Suggestions

Old 05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default Looking for Suggestions

Here is my car. It is a V6 , believe it is a premium package? Just got it a week ago, so not sure what all has been done.I do know the obviousual MagnaFlows, GT rear bumper to accommadate the exhaust, black racing stripes. Does anyone have one the same color and can post a picture to give me some insight on how to make it look a little more "tough"? I am looking at the side window louvres & front grille changes on everyones cars, but can't really picture how it will look on the silver. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Default RE: Looking for Suggestions

I really like those rims.

My opinion on a silver car: Chrome the hell out of it! Start with the front grille.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

You don't have to buy a GT bumper for the dual exhaust. You can do like many people here have done, just cut the bumper to match the other side. That's what I'm getting ready to do while I wait for my pipes to come in.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:43 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

The GT bumper was already installed when I got hte car last week. The rims are actually stock! I do need to do something about that grille though. Thanks guys!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Here's mine

Old 05-31-2007, 04:24 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Looks good GrayPony! What bumper do you have? I like that piece/fasciathat comes out in the bottom. What louvres are those? I am a little concerned after reading the install instructions on some of those, seems you either have to sand the paint around the edge of the window for the 3m stick on type or you have to drill holes in the body for mounting brackets. Really worried about both installs, I wish there was a type that mounted / stuck directly to the glass so if for some reason I decided to take it off later on, it wouldn't leave any damages. I like the red callipers too. Thanks for posting the pic!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

V6 bumper with a Fang lip. Street scene gen1 louvers. Roush scoop.
Roush rear springs to level the car and GT swaybars
Old 05-31-2007, 09:11 PM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

heres mine.....ill be selling the grill within the month if ur interested, im getting the GT front so it wont fit. forgive he rediculously dirty wheels lol, this was the day i got my stripes put on so i had to do a quick wash before i dropped it off.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 PM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

also id suggest some GT side rockers...they really lower the look of the car and clean it up with out actually getting new springs. plus they can be had for around 100 bucks
Old 05-31-2007, 11:23 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I like the side rockers matching the car color, that does look nice. I don't want to lower the rear end, kind of like that slight"sloping" effect it has now.
ismellhonda (that name is so funny!!!) -- think I will pass on the grille, not real sure what to do in that area yet. I would like to see your car when you change it out though. How much were you looking to get for the grille anyway?(ya never know, being female, I am entitled to change my mind at a minutes notice!!!)
graypony-- thanks for the details! Will keep those handy for future reference!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for Suggestions