Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New Owner (almost) need help

Old 10-08-2007, 12:21 AM
LT1_Hawk
1st Gear Member

Default New Owner (almost) need help

alright guys, first let me introduce myself. im 19 and my name is drew, i have a 1993 firehawk with 9k orig miles and my daily driver is a 06 dodge dakota night runner. now, how/why i found my way to mustangforums.com

the plan was to get my mom an 08 vette this upcoming spring. long story short, she left her old job for another job, which is further away but a better atmosphere and fit for her. my parents decided against buying my mom a brand new vette and putting around 350 miles on it per week just going back and forth to work not including whatever else driving she does for whatever reason. her first car was a gt and so naturally, she decided if she wasnt getting a vette, to get a stang. with having to drive highway to work they decided to get her a new car now, with more metal around to protect her (and get rid of her 350z) almost right away, we stumbled upon gt/cs and since we found the one, we knew thats what model she would get. it was either white or black for us. today we finally decided on black. if all goes down as it should, we should have a new car tomorrow. black gt/cs, heated seats, hid, comfort group, gt appearance package, dvd/nav, ambient lighting

anyway, now to why i am here. only thing we plan on doing, is gettin her windows tinted and some quarter window scoops or louvers. i just need help as to where to go/what brands are better ect and your opinions

i am an active poster on ls1tech.com, dodgeforum.com, ws6zx6.com, firehawk.org, speeddensity.org, caravelleboats.org, ufcdiscussion.com and while i have not been a huge fan of the new stangs, i am growing to like them more and more and am willing to learn more about them.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:59 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New Owner (almost) need help

Hello there and welcome. You will get lots of opinion on parts and stuff for your stang. I have a Vert, but here are a few sites where you could find all kinds of stuff for your mom's stang. No to metion some of our sponsors here.

http://www.atlantamustang.com/
http://store.roushperformance.com/se...;frominterim=1
http://stage3motorsports.zoovy.com/
Old 10-08-2007, 06:11 PM
LT1_Hawk
1st Gear Member

thanks tpony for the reply. a lot of views, not many responses. anyway we picked her up. sorry, i didnt have the digital with me when i got home, left it at school. just realized 4 of our 5 cars are black. the stang, the hawk (covered - need a new cover), the f250, and my dakota. the red car is a testarossa, the actual one in the movie the stepford wives. anyway, here are the crappy pics

Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sweeeet! The Stepford Wives....ah, yes...the one with Demi Moore....
Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

good looking car...for tints do moleskin, automoleskin.com otherwise the inner wiper channel will scratch the tints. https://mustangforums.com/m_3059554/tm.htm

that is a great link for Taco bills install of the moleskin
id say go 20 or 15 all around, but thats just my opinion

welcome to the forums!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 AM
LT1_Hawk
1st Gear Member

actually, the 08s have the felt on the track. the dealer told us about having to get some if we decided to tint the windows and i checked, and well, the felt was on both sides, checked another 08 and it had the felt on both sides as well. mom wants 15%. made an appt for this upcoming monday! and thanks for the welcome

ive enjoyed taking it out some. ive wanted hids for my truck for a while and now im convinced that will be my next mod. while i like driving it, idk, something is off. its very comfortable and smooth, but idk. its not the fastest thing, but it is quick. compaired to the hawk, and even my moms 350z we traded on it, idk, it just doesnt feel as sporty. cant put my finger on it, i know it is partially bc of the ride. the ride quality is very nice, but it doesnt feel as much a part of the road as the hawk or even the z (i am not being biased). its too soft of a suspension, but there is something else i cant put my finger on. like i said, i enjoy driving it, do wish the ride was a little more sporty feeling though, but its great for my mom (not at all intended as some might take it).

like i said, there is something i just cant put my finger on
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
d_ames117
2nd Gear Member

Needs a tune and a CAI to fix the throttle lag due to the "throttle by wire." Havn't done it yet myself, but it will add 20-30 rwhp and an extra kick in the a$$. As for louvres, I recently installed the flush louvres from Silverhorse Racing.

www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16141&c ategory_id=255

Install is a little more complicated than other louvres, but in my opinion they look excellent and you also don't increase the blind spot as much. There is a post on the installation in this forum.

btw, excellent choice on the GT/CS...I love mine.

Dustin
Old 10-10-2007, 09:36 AM
LT1_Hawk
1st Gear Member

ive been looking around and i found those the other night. they are by far the nicest ones i have seen. i like the fact that they are flush. ill have to look for that thread later, thanks for the heads up! also, the dealership had a vista blue gt/cs there that was nice. my moms fav color is blue, and i liked it a lot. looks good
Old 10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

Got my louvers from wheelskin.com prepainted. You can check out pics in my gallery. I admire the list of cars in your garage. Your family isn't by chance looking to adopt a 38 year old son, are they?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

Need a step brother to help blow the cobwebs out of those cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Owner (almost) need help