Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Looking for these headlights!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Default Looking for these headlights!!!

I first saw them on the Classic Design Concepts website and then also on the Foose Mustang. I have looked all over the internet with no luck! Anyone know where I can find these headlights???... and yes I have even tried to email CDC and Foose Designs but withno response.... If I remember correctly I saw a post of someone doing this mod themselves somehow.... if so how did it hold up?

[IMG]local://upfiles/75086/D64782C0D319484D99FD7CE5EE538890.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for these headlights!!!

I am pretty sure that's just the stock light pod with the clear plastic front removed. The headlight itself is different too because it has a glass front. I'm sure you can buy lights that are the right size at a parts store.

The Foose version is integrated into the front fascia....not seperate headlights like that. Foose does not manufactur them though...Unique Performance does. You won't have any luck getting parts from them. Several of us have emailed them about Foose Stallion parts and they always say to check back with them in a month. They have been saying that ever since the Stallion was released.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Yea thats sorta what I thought too, but how would you get the other lights to secure without a bracket made for them???? also Im not familiar with the engineering of the stock headlight housing but would you just cut the present bulb housing out to fit the new "store bought" headlights in?

I've also heard of just buying the glass round peice to fit over the bulb housing, but then I start wondering about heating issues.... along with proper sealing.

Thankssuoperdave84
Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Well honeslty I have never taken them apart, but I did remove them to swap them for the GT500 lights. I am thinking you will need to do some modifications with a dremel tool or something to get rid of the clear part since it's all like one piece. After you do that it's just a matter of sanding, priming and painting.

As far as the light goes, yeah I think you'll have to cut a hole for the back of the new light to fit into. If you're lucky maybe you can find a light that has some kind of braket attached to the back already. It doesn't need to be a complex bracket that hooks to the metal of the car...it just has to be held securely to the headlight bucket.

See what you can find on ebay or the parts store and see what you can come up with! Come on, ditch those stock lights!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Haha trust me I want to ditch the stock headlights... Im just not sure if Im that ballsy with custom mods yet.... we'll see what happens tho!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Update.....
I got an email from a CDC rep. today:

This will be a component we will offer in the future. I will keep your information on file and update you as we go along. Any questions please let me know. Thank you Kim Rieck Classic Design Concepts, LLC.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

Those are NOT the stock lights with the plastic removed

look closely - Mustangs come with two 'gills' in the headlights and these have three they are adapted to fit the S197

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...03#post1040303

Old 11-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Burke0011,

I guess I'm not the first one to hassle CDC about this. You would think that after so many people showing so much interest in this part that they would put this into production like asap......they talk about cost, but it seems alil more practical then the "glassback".......

Suoperdave84,

HahaI just noticed your signature..... "empty wallet" NICE! I think most of us can sympathize with that one.....
Old 07-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Anybody know any updates on this? Or anyone successfully done this mod? It's almost a lost thread here!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

Haven't heard a thing......

funny about your comment about CDC

MRT showed those dang cool headlight covers that were opaque in daylight but your headlights would shine through at night with no resistance

I chased those guys on that for YEARS after they showed it on their Interceptor[&o]

Quick Reply: Looking for these headlights!!!