Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Front End Swap...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Default Front End Swap...

So I am considering replacing the front bumper. Can I just buy the bumper and use the stock grille, or are there other things involved? The Ford dealership knows nothing about swapping bumpers so hopefully someone here does.
Can I order something like this http://www.autoaccessory4u.com/05fomugtstsc.html or even a standard GT one and just do a simple swap, or are there there other fitment issues?

Thanks,
FM
Old 11-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Front End Swap...

Any full replacement bumper for the GT will work on the v6. However you can't use your v6 bumper with an add-on accessory for the GT, like a chin spoiler. Its a simple swap from what In understand. You can get the stuff at newtakeoff.com.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Praline
1st Gear Member

If you put a GTtakeoff front end onor do a body kit that states "for GT" on the v6, your stock grille will not fit. You'll need to pick up a take off GT grille or one from CDC or something. Theres only a few front ends that allow you to use the stock V6 grille. I see that the sites says it fits the V6, which is true, but I really don't think your stock grille will fit.I would call before ordering just to be clear on what you'll need.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I replaced my front end with a take off GT front/grill from newtakeoff.com. Excellent company btw. You can get the entire front end with GT grill/fogs for like $499 I think. That is pre-painted, unlike the link you posted it is not painted. It is easy to swap out also, there is a how-to thread sticky at the top of the page.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

So I called Brenspeed today.. and they had the front end and the rockers in Windveil.. So I decided to start with the rockers and buy the front end later..

But when I got the receipt, I saw that they are sending me (and chargin me for) the GT front end and the rockers.. [&:]
I guess they didn't understand the order..
So anywayz, I think I will just keep it because Windveil is a hard color to find things in.. But now I need a front grille, because I did not order that..
Some of you said I cannot use my stock grille.. any really cheap suggestions? lol.
I am brokedd since I got the front end.
Thanks.
FM

Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
enzo51
1st Gear Member

I thought you also need to change some other parts for the GT bumper to fit, like screws, liner, etc...
If someone out ther did the swap, what else needs to be replaced besides the front bumper cover?

Thx
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

You need the GT fender liners to make it fit 100%, technically you can get away with using your V6 liners but there will be a small gap. Also, you will need the front air dampener which mounts underneath, again this isn't NEEDED, but I wanted everything factory so I replaced it also. Counting all the little add-ons, screws etc, I spent another $150 bucks at ford ordering all of the stuff.

Read this howto: https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm
Old 11-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all your help so far!

Still lookin for a good grille.. :/

None of them let me keep the v6 grille, which is sad because it looks good.

I guess I'm goin billet.. Any GT replacement Billet Grilles cheap?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:51 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

ebay
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Fred Malibu

Thanks for all your help so far!

Still lookin for a good grille.. :/

None of them let me keep the v6 grille, which is sad because it looks good.

I guess I'm goin billet.. Any GT replacement Billet Grilles cheap?
You know when i swapped my front end, I got the GT grill with fogs, and I put the GT grill and the V6 grill side by side, and I swear I could not tell a different at all. I am not sure why people say it won't fit.

Quick Reply: Front End Swap...