Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Headlights/Corner Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Default Headlights/Corner Lenses

So I have a 2005Black V6 Mustang and have just started getting into moding it. Right now I am looking at altering the headlights. I am pretty sure I want to get the Black Projector headlights with LED. I saw these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...QQcmdZViewItem. I still don't understand why they are half the price of ones from AmericanMuscle or StangMods. I am still stuck on whether to get the black ones or chromes ones or stick with that standard. Also I was looking at the bumper turn signals. Would the black projector headlights and the clear bumper lights mesh together? Just looking for opinions/pictures.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Headlights/Corner Lenses

First of all, welcome to the forum! Secondly, try to avoid non-name-brand stuff on ebay...usually you get what you pay for...half price = half quality. Thirdly, do what you want to your car. Whatever you think looks good and makes YOU happy, go for it. People on here will share their opinions, sometimes whether you ask for them or not, but as long as you like what you've done to your car it doesn't matter what they say.

Since you asked for opinions though I'll be happy to give mine. Nay on the projector headlights, yay for the clear bumper signals. I've thought about putting clear bumper turn signals in as well, and we have the same year and color mustang! Also, IMO, you should save up money for a intake and tune package from a reputable tuner.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Also, check out balck mamba's ride to see what those projectors look like actually in the car:
https://mustangforums.com/showProfile.asp?memid=82521
Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Why not on the projector lights? I know it's my car but I am just getting into this stuff so wondering others opinion on the subject
Old 02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

I say leave the stock headlights in and spend some $ on other stuff.. just my opinion.. Ive wanted to get projectors for a while now and cant justify the costs (or the effort to take the front bumper off again..lol) You could always go HID's..

As for the clear corners.. I'd say look into the smoked color as well, especially for a black stang.

I dont know what theme you want to go with, but I am a big fan of the murdered out look.
(dark tints, black rims, smoked lights, etc.)

Old 02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Well right now all i got is dual exhaust and sequential taillights but eventually wanted to get some black rims but that is down the road a little bit
Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

well welcome regardless!

how bout some pics!?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:16 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

When I finally get it back I'll put some up. Im in college and it stayed behind to get exhaust put on by parents for my christmas present.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Welcome! Black 05?! I love those cars! lol
Old 02-08-2008, 03:17 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I think I am just going to get the black turn signals and the stealth bulbs. On stangmods there are 2 different kinds the the 194 and 3157 xenon bulbs?Whats the difference? I also heard about another type of brand but any opinions on which bulb to get?

Quick Reply: Headlights/Corner Lenses