Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Roush Front End

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush Front End

hey guys, havent been on the forums for a while, just had a quick question. I really am in love with the roush front bumper, from the small foglamps to just the overall aggressive look of it, it is definetly the next mod i want for my v6. I was just wondering who on here has it, how they got it done, what additonal parts they needed, how much it cost? and if you could, post as many pictures as possible!! thanks!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Front End

i did the full body kit all by myself, PIECE OF CAKE! for the front end, you just have to buy the same parts as you would if you put the GT bumper on (new fender liners, lower radiator rock deflector, and bumper/grille insulator... ....all together less then 100 bucks) you can get the fascia for 636 at different vendors, or just under 1,000 w/paint. and the optional chin spoiler is an extra couple hundred bucks. any questions about roush, i will be happy to help, or at least point you in the right direction!

-andrew

i'll try to post some pics later
Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 AM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

Hey andrew, I'm thinking about picking up the roush spoiler and scoop here soon, and either the CS6 or Roush front bumper later this year.

Any tips or problems on the install, I'm a little nervous about drilling holes in my car .
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

where did you pick up the extra parts (fender lines, lower radiator rock deflector, etc) ??
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

goffball here's the info on parts http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...mp;catalogID=2

-gt fender liners left 11.99
right 14.86
-gt bumper inner isolator 9.31
-gt lower radiator shield ?? (i got from a friend, but maybe 50 bucks @ dealer)

here is a link to the BEST write-up for us 6'ers to upgrade to gt bumpers (front and rear) read it and you follow the same steps but with the roush bumper instead of the GT. (he has pics of all the parts needed to buy) you shouldn't need to buy special screws like some people say, roush sends you brand new screws that you need!

https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMoose

Hey andrew, I'm thinking about picking up the roush spoiler and scoop here soon, and either the CS6 or Roush front bumper later this year.

Any tips or problems on the install, I'm a little nervous about drilling holes in my car .

i know EXACLTY what you mean. the very first mod i did, was the hood scoop, but when you buy ANY roush body parts, they send you a thorough template to show you where to line it up and where to drill the whole.. ..they even telll you what size bit to use. the spoiler was the scariest mod (maybe with the exception of the rear-valence/exhaust) because you use the factory holes of the stock spoiler but you have to drill holes into the side of the car for the 'winglets' ( i have heard some guys just use 3M tape and are fine, but roush gives you the template and they say to drill the holes... ...so i did!!! just make sure you get the templates lined up BEFORE you drill the holes

(funny thing is, i had thought about the CS6 bumper too! but the roush complete look stole my heart, at least for my color. the vista blue on the cs6 and cs8 look KILLER!)
Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

First mod was the roush front bumper. The best first mod ever to make your car look 100X better!!! Here is a pic of mine in my sig. Didn't use the fogs though because they never sent the brackets, so I tuned em into brake ducts!!!! IMO it looks better with the ducts!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06roushv6

[(funny thing is, i had thought about the CS6 bumper too! but the roush complete look stole my heart, at least for my color. the vista blue on the cs6 and cs8 look KILLER!)
FWIW, I think you made the right choice. The CS style bumper looks killer in Sonic/Vista blue, but for a Redfire car, the Roush nose seems MUCH better.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

ORIGINAL: 06roushv6

[(funny thing is, i had thought about the CS6 bumper too! but the roush complete look stole my heart, at least for my color. the vista blue on the cs6 and cs8 look KILLER!)
FWIW, I think you made the right choice. The CS style bumper looks killer in Sonic/Vista blue, but for a Redfire car, the Roush nose seems MUCH better.
whew! im not the only one who thinks this! what a relief! haha
Old 02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

haha i'm debating whether to grab some tint, roush spoiler and hood scoop now, or wait a bit and get the front end with maybe a bullitt grille. driving me crazy .

so here's some random pics of my car. which do you guys think it needs more [8D]

Quick Reply: Roush Front End