Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New bumper installed (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:37 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default New bumper installed (PICS)

Just picked up my car today from the body shop. I got a GT take off rear bumper and had the body shop paint it and install it and align my FRPP exhaust to fit it, they did an awesome job, now a few more things and I will be good to go.

(yes I need to replace my mud flaps now - anyone want to buy GT500 mud flaps cut to fit a V6 bumper?)

[IMG]local://upfiles/76537/712B625D5B0B460F80CE2D471613ABAC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/76537/2462ABB9E0D64D6998125384E197F931.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New bumper installed (PICS)

Looks great! Did you have duals before? how do you like the sound now?

I just ordered my FRPP today so I'm hoping the weather starts to warm up so I can put in on along w/ the GT take off bumper.
I'm going to need new mudflaps as well
Old 02-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Mr. L
1st Gear Member

Nice! I just recieved my bumper and my FRPP dual kit this week! Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the weekend so I can't work on my car until next weekend...

btw, what else you got planned?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:51 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Yea I had the duals a while, now that they dont lay against the metal FRPP flange like they did before the bumper install, they sound even better. The guy at the body shop when he pulled my car around thought it was a GT, he said he even revved it up because he liked how it sounded.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Mr. L

Nice! I just recieved my bumper and my FRPP dual kit this week! Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the weekend so I can't work on my car until next weekend...

btw, what else you got planned?
I think tomorrow I am taking it in to have 3.73's & T-Lok installed. And I was going to order my XCal3/C&L CAI today but brenspeed is on hiatus right now, so I am contemplating going b@m@
Old 02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Yea I had the duals a while, now that they dont lay against the metal FRPP flange like they did before the bumper install, they sound even better. The guy at the body shop when he pulled my car around thought it was a GT, he said he even revved it up because he liked how it sounded.

Cool, I have a pair of GT take offs with but just the single on now. Worst case I figured I would sell the FRPP mufflers if I didn't like them and use the money towards wheels/tires. I really didn't think that was going to be the case though. I do love those Razors!
p.s. don't forget VMP for the tune/CAI, I've been totally pleased as have many others.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Yea originally I was going to go with VMP, but I have heard so many good things about Brenspeed/B@m@.... too confusing!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:09 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ODDYSEY

Yea originally I was going to go with VMP, but I have heard so many good things about Brenspeed/B@m@.... too confusing!

More importantly you don't here anythng bad about either of these guys. Any issues are quickly resolved so you don't have to worry about that no matter who you go with.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:12 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

How much clearance do you have from the top of the muffler to the bottom of the bumper cutout... you know, at the 12:00 position on the cutout. I just put my FRPP duals on, and I can stick my index finger between the top of the muffler and the bumper, if I push real hard. Wondering how much clearance you have. You can't adjust the hangers, so how did they adjust yours?? Bend the hangers on the muffler?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:13 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Lookin' good Oddysey

Quick Reply: New bumper installed (PICS)