Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Installed leather!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Kailaris

Default Installed leather!!!

That's right! I now have leather in my Mustang and it only cost me $319. I'll be posting up pictures later today and am willing to answer any questions for anyone also thinking about doing this. The installation took my father and I about 9 hours and 1031029837412093821 cigarettes to complete. There are some parts you CAN'T do without a second person so if any of you try this. Please have help or you will be very frustrated. I might try doing a guide a little later but I don't have enough pics for it (only a couple when the cloth was partially off). Atleast some text info would help.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed leather!!!

Very Good, Yes need pics +1 on the Father Son Smoking project. Always fun to do the mods with family help. So do not forget to list What tools you used. Where you bought the tools. Where you bought the Leather. And no smoking in the car, I do not want to see any cig burnt holes in that new Leather. LOL....OH yes What color did you install? Hope its not PINK
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Kailaris

Default RE: Installed leather!!!

Yeah, I'm still trying to find my cord for my digital camera so once I do I will get pics up. As far as smoking in my car goes, I have never smoked in my car ever since I bought it. I even broke up with my girlfriend partly for that reason she would smoke in my car even though I told her not to. As far as tools go, I had a set of needle nose pliers, a phillips, and a nice flathead screwdriver. A lot of the cloth clips to the frame of the chair. Some things you will want to keep in mind when doing this is don't get in a rush because there are things on these seats that will break. The plastic covers on the bottom of the seat are a great example. The have these little metal things that pop out but they are held on by a peice of plastic and it does break easily so be gentle. Make sure to double check all. The hand crank for folding the seat is held on with a C clip I believe it's called. Once you get that off, feel free to yank it off without too much worry of doing any damage. If you have that little lumbar crank, pop the top of it off and there are some bolts inside you have to unscrew to get it off. I'll do a solid write up later this week for you guys and as soon as I find my cord for my camera I will upload some pics.