Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Black Stang, Rocker Panels

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default Black Stang, Rocker Panels

I was just thinking about my rocker panels and was wondering if it would be worth replacing them on a black Mustang. Considering they are a flat black now they really don't stand out as much as any other color Mustang but was curious if anyone else had done it on theirs. Any pictures would help, or if anyone is savvy with photoshop, would they mind choping mine and showing me what it would look like? If so, I can post a picture. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Black Stang, Rocker Panels

well here goes.....

i have gt takeoff painted rocker panels.....and now i want to paint the mirrors too..... i think it completes the car if you willl....ties it up ...gives it a classier look, especially on black....

for pics see the website in my signature..early pics have them unpainted...later ones painted......i also have videos on you tube...

im a black pony pack as well.....good luck...i would do it... zz legend has his mirrors painted on his legend lime and they look great.....im looking into getting the ones with the arrows (lighted/heated) mirrors, (need to find em with the housing) and just have those painted and switch them with the stock ones....

im not sure what this will cost, cause i dont have the dough right now so im not looking into it....

you can find gt painted rockers on ebay for like 100 bucks...but they are used....i got mine from galpin and saw them before buying them, so i could see how "used" they were i think it was like 150 with the install...i kept my stock rockers...they were in my living for a year until dec last year....lol....

good luck and remember it is what you like, its about personalization.... that said...good luck and post up some pics...i though i was the only black pony pack in here...

http://www.phunnyguy.com/phunnyguy_m...to_gallery.htm

link to the photo gallery index...in case you cant find it....
Old 04-09-2008, 10:54 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

oh yeah....

invest in...

california car duster....

lots of microfiber rags....

and mcguires quick detailer....

im a stickler for keeping my baby clean.... black looks horibble when its dirty.....my neighbors and friends marvel at how my car (99%) of the time looks sparkly clean....

saw your pics in another thread....nice ride.....manual or auto....how do you like it so far....how many miles you got....and is it a daily driver....

mine is a dd 45,000 miles she turns three this may.....happy to report no major problems.....( i did replace the clutch at 40,000 but that was my own fault....doing stupid stuff like burnouts and leaving the tcs on...i personally feel had i not dont this i would have gotten like 65k or more from the clutch.....live and learn......)
Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

i sanded, primed, and painted mine gloss black so they'd be easier to keep clean...the stock finish would be dull a couple days after cleaning and i got tired of messin with it..someone else with a legend lime did the same thing
Old 04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

+1 makes em easier to clean and they stay cleaner longer....
Old 04-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

oh yeah....

invest in...

california car duster....

lots of microfiber rags....

and mcguires quick detailer....

im a stickler for keeping my baby clean.... black looks horibble when its dirty.....my neighbors and friends marvel at how my car (99%) of the time looks sparkly clean....

saw your pics in another thread....nice ride.....manual or auto....how do you like it so far....how many miles you got....and is it a daily driver....

mine is a dd 45,000 miles she turns three this may.....happy to report no major problems.....( i did replace the clutch at 40,000 but that was my own fault....doing stupid stuff like burnouts and leaving the tcs on...i personally feel had i not dont this i would have gotten like 65k or more from the clutch.....live and learn......)
+1 on the cali duster and microfiber rags. its a pain when black gets dirty but it looks so damn wicked when its clean and shiny. [8D]
Old 04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Excellent!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably make a visit to the Chop section again and ask if someone can chop it for me. I'd rather save my money on some other mod if it isn't to noticeable. On the other hand, usually the most unnoticeable mods done to a car is what sets it apart (if that made any sense).
Old 04-10-2008, 11:22 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmsmith

Excellent!

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably make a visit to the Chop section again and ask if someone can chop it for me. I'd rather save my money on some other mod if it isn't to noticeable. On the other hand, usually the most unnoticeable mods done to a car is what sets it apart (if that made any sense).

it is all details....ford had the wheels down, i think...they just used the wrong color...so i painted the inserts black instead of silver and VOILA old-school early shelby look...and you can actually see the polished/machined aluminum face on the wheels

Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 AM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

ye[ those wheels look sick, think I'll do that to mine. What did you have to do?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i have sen this done with those rims and another style that comes on the gt ....it looks really good too.....

i like what you did to those rims...nice work....

Quick Reply: Black Stang, Rocker Panels