louvers installed *pics* - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

louvers installed *pics*

Old 04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: louvers installed *pics*

I don't remember ever using those back windows for visuals. Turning your head to check your blind spot isn't safe in my opinion. Either get a blind spot mirror or just lean into and look into your side mirrors.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:09 PM
laith
1st Gear Member

mb2 this might be kind of a dumb question but what color is your car? it looks like tungsten but im not positive haha
Old 04-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Looking good
Old 04-15-2008, 04:12 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: addison85

I don't remember ever using those back windows for visuals. Turning your head to check your blind spot isn't safe in my opinion. Either get a blind spot mirror or just lean into and look into your side mirrors.
Thats a bit unfair. You have your style of driving, he has his. As long as you can safely switch lanes after checking your blindspot it doesn't matter how its done. I was personally taught to look through the rear windows to remove any shadow of doubt in regards to something being in my blindspot. There are pros and cons to both techniques though.

ORIGINAL: 07ccdskaterv6

when you get them installed how much harder is it to see out of the back quarter window with those than without or could you get a picture from inside looking through from the front seat
Lucky for you I'm procrastinating

Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

haha yea i know, i was just opinion-izing. i just have bad control of the car when i turn my head [:'(] awesome inside pics tho
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: addison85

haha yea i know, i was just opinion-izing. i just have bad control of the car when i turn my head [:'(] awesome inside pics tho
Yeah, some people make the fatal decision to crank the wheel as they turn their head, thats the downside along with taking eyes off the road
Old 04-15-2008, 04:49 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Water spotting under those louvers would drive my Obsessive Compulsive Disordered mind crazy....or I would have them. I would be ALL OVER some hinged ones if anyone has made them.

Your Pony looks great!

+2 on the interior shots looking through the louvers....good job letting us all know the functionality of this mod.

Keep us all posted with any future mods.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Water spots do happen, as you can see from my pictures. I just got lazy and didn't clean them the last time I cleaned the car. It's a simple solution to get rid of them though, all it takes is a cloth with windex or simple green, etc.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Looks great!

I will be ordering mine from Wheelskin as well. A little depressed that the wait seems like a long time. [:'(]

Oh well, for a deal like that you can't beat it. I don't even have my windows tinted yet. Seems like my back mirror is peeling from the little factory tint it has on it. In fact, I'll think I'll try to start a thread about it.

Anyone had this problem?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

Thats a bit unfair. You have your style of driving, he has his. As long as you can safely switch lanes after checking your blindspot it doesn't matter how its done. I was personally taught to look through the rear windows to remove any shadow of doubt in regards to something being in my blindspot. There are pros and cons to both techniques though.
I was taught that way too but we were also taught to use the side mirrors.
I challenge you to drive what I do (19 footlong x 10 foot hightruck)all day long and try to look in your back side window without using your side mirrors......it ain't gonna happen because there isn't a side or back window. You have to use the side mirrors in order to change lanes without plowing into someone.

I bought those round stick-on blind spot mirrors for all my cars. You will never have to turn your head back again if you learn how to use them properly.