Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Wow, this looks awesome...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 AM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

Default Wow, this looks awesome...

I was just fooling around on PonyBuilder.com and found what I want to do with my car. Doesanybody have this combo: street scene gen 1 front fascia, street scene gen1 rear lip, and STOCK side skirts? This is what I want to do but I want to see how it lines up with the stock side skirts. On ponybuilder it looks like they line up just fine, but I don't know how trustworthy that site is. Anybody? Thanks!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, this looks awesome...

No the stock ones are flush with the frame rails, and the Street Scene ones are some of the lowest around. I am guessing an inch or maybe more lower than stock. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it would really look odd. The front and rear of your car would be planted on the ground and everything in the middle would look jacked up.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:23 PM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But I swear on ponybuilder it looked really good, but again, I just don't know how accurate that site is. I would still like to see somebody who has the street scene front bumper and stock side skirts. Aren't there some people that have a roush front, steeda front, shelby front, etc that still have stock side skirts? And what about the guys that get a chin spoiler... those all hang a little lower than the stock bumper, yet they seem to line up pretty good with the stockside skirts, right?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:05 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Yes people have those bumpers and stock side skirts. If you take a look at any car though,it will havethe bottom of the front bumper higher than the side skirts. This is because when you slam on your brakes, your car will dip, and you don't want body parts hitting the ground. For this reason all of the stock bumpers (and most aftermarket bumpers) are made to be higher than the side skirts.

Now with the Street Scene, Boy Racer, and Cervinis kits, they are much more aggressive. The side skirts come down much lower, and to complete the look, the front and rear bumpers are lower as well. Also, even if they weren't that much lower at the sides, the stock side skirts curve under the car, and the bumpers are made to match side skirts that are flatter and make the car appear bulkier. It would look all beefy at the ends and skinny in the middle.

As for the chin spoilers, the bigger ones look quite silly in my opinion, given that the front comes down so low without completing the look with side skirts. The less aggressive ones look ok.

But if you want to try this, buy the parts and install them. Then you will know for sure. If it doesn't look right, save some money and get the side skirts (you can get them separate). If it were me, I would get all the parts to match up. I made a mistake when I bough my side skirts and I am kicking myself now. I have new ones that match everything now, but now I have to get them painted along with a new rear bumper (and my new hood).
Old 05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

Cool, thanks a lot man for the responses. I know it's weird, but I love the street scene gen1 front and rear, but for some reason i don't like it with the side skirts that come with that kit. To me it just puts the car a little over the edge as far as getting towards a little too "ricey" IMO. But I guess it would be best to get the complete kit. Oh well, probably going to be a while before I do it anyways, so I have lots of time to think about it!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

There's a guy on here that posts fairly often with that front bumper ... you could ask him. He has a black stang but I can't remember his name right now.

For the record, a lot of just the "chin" spoilers (not whole bumpers) match perfectly with the stock side skirts.

*EDIT* The guys name is harraid5711 He has the entire kit but might be able to tell you how much lower than stock skirts it is.

Found another one: siberian.mist Looks like that might be with stock side skirts but it's hard to tell in the pick. PM them.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
pharmd2010
2nd Gear Member

Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 05-10-2008, 11:09 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

No the stock ones are flush with the frame rails, and the Street Scene ones are some of the lowest around. I am guessing an inch or maybe more lower than stock. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it would really look odd. The front and rear of your car would be planted on the ground and everything in the middle would look jacked up.

just had to point this out, your car looks absolutely incredible. so clean, yet so muscular and held together.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Thank you sir! Glad you like it. I have some cool stuff planned for it this summer. New side skirts and spoiler and rear bumper. Should pull it together even better.

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

just had to point this out, your car looks absolutely incredible. so clean, yet so muscular and held together.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I totally agree and was going to say the same thing super

Quick Reply: Wow, this looks awesome...