Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New Grille w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 07:38 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Default New Grille w/pics

Picked it up from CDC at the meet and greet this weekend. Easy install, only took about an hour. What do you think?

Old 06-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Grille w/pics

Looks realy good I like it, Now I will predict that you will soon become bothered with the honey comb lower grill as I did and will replace it too With a bar grill as I did. My Upper bar grill is not the CDC I got the Spec-D Tunning (Plastic) from V6Mustang. Now V6Mustang has a Lower (plastic) bar grill for $100 but I think it is the same one you can get from E-BAY as I did for $40 Its good Quality and will install in about 10 or 15 min. LOOK GREAT CDC is TOP Quality. Good Job
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Looks realy good I like it, Now I will predict that you will soon become bothered with the honey comb lower grill as I did and will replace it too With a bar grill as I did. My Upper bar grill is not the CDC I got the Spec-D Tunning (Plastic) from V6Mustang. Now V6Mustang has a Lower (plastic) bar grill for $100 but I think it is the same one you can get from E-BAY as I did for $40 Its good Quality and will install in about 10 or 15 min. LOOK GREAT CDC is TOP Quality. Good Job
Well, I wanted the lower grill, but CDC does not make the lower grill(replacement in black) for the V6. I love this grill, it is black aluminum, very sturdy. I am gonna have to pick up the lower grill from somewhere else, because, as you said, I will be bothered by it.

One question for you, did you paint the supports behind the grill black so they wouldn't show through? That is one thing that is bothering me about mine, and I don't see yours showing through. I bought some flat black paint, but wanted to see what it looked like with keeping it the body color, I don't think I like it.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Well, I wanted the lower grill, but CDC does not make the lower grill(replacement in black) for the V6. I love this grill, it is black aluminum, very sturdy. I am gonna have to pick up the lower grill from somewhere else, because, as you said, I will be bothered by it.

One question for you, did you paint the supports behind the grill black so they wouldn't show through? That is one thing that is bothering me about mine, and I don't see yours showing through. I bought some flat black paint, but wanted to see what it looked like with keeping it the body color, I don't think I like it.
OH I forgot to predict that one Yes I too am bothered by that and I will be taking it back out and painting them Black my sig pic is low quality. A friend told me I have to get some Duplicolor Bumper paint that is flexible so it does not crack. I have been doing other mods like the lower grill shorty Int. Caliper painting new rims CDC black out so I just have not got around to doing it. But It does Stand Out and will be Painted Black soon.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

looks awesome!!!

i'm glad you bought that yesterday.

i think the flat black paint would really set it in!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:21 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I would stick a Tri-bar pony emblem on it.......and maybe do some blackout paint behind it.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musicheadt

I would stick a Tri-bar pony emblem on it.......and maybe do some blackout paint behind it.
Black paint is ready to go on, I wanted to see it without, but I am gonna paint it.

Tri-bar pony emblem is on backorder, they won't have any till the end of the month, but I am putting one on.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

yeah like what others said..i would paint everything black behind the grill
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

looks really good man will look sick once you get that tri bar on there
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 PM
AMoRT