Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

quick question about side window louvers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 PM
08V6stang

Default quick question about side window louvers???

on ebay it seems like every one is put on with 3m tape? is that gonna hold up at high speeds and over time? and is that how ford puts them on or do they use screws. it might be a dumb question but can't really trust ebay items. anyone have a good site to get these from or is ebay fine for this type of product? thanks for the help!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:13 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: quick question about side window louvers???

I have had mine on for about 6 months, no problems, they hold up on the highway and through car washes, no concerns about the 3M tape, it will hold! Most of them are put on this way, they only ones I think that aren't are the ones from SHR, with those you have to replace your entire glass piece(and they are $$$$$). If you are looking for some nice looking louvers, painted to match, that won't cost you an arm and a leg go to http://www.wheelskin.com/dg-3180.html and check these out. Perfect paint match, look good, they are slotted so you can see out and it is a reputable company. Alot of members here have these along with myself and we love them. Hope that helps!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
jet21
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

I have had mine on for about 6 months, no problems, they hold up on the highway and through car washes, no concerns about the 3M tape, it will hold! Most of them are put on this way, they only ones I think that aren't are the ones from SHR, with those you have to replace your entire glass piece(and they are $$$$$). If you are looking for some nice looking louvers, painted to match, that won't cost you an arm and a leg go to http://www.wheelskin.com/dg-3180.html and check these out. Perfect paint match, look good, they are slotted so you can see out and it is a reputable company. Alot of members here have these along with myself and we love them. Hope that helps!
I like those louvers but what about cleaning the 1/4 window? Can you slide a rag inbetween the slots to clean it?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:20 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

3M is industrial strength... if applied properly you shouldn't have a problem

ROUSH and many other brand window louvers are applied with 3M as well
Old 08-09-2008, 12:41 PM
08V6stang

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

alright, thanks a lot for the help!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:26 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Remember it reacts to pressure, so the harder and longer you hold the window on, the better the 3m with adhere.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

It may be a little off topic, but does anybody here have any experience with these louvers?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flush-...dow-vents.html
Old 08-11-2008, 11:02 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

That 3-M tape is STICKY as HELL. It holds extremely well if you clean the glass first. I got my 1/4 window louvers from Wheelskin pre-painted. Perfect color match.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bronxbomba63

It may be a little off topic, but does anybody here have any experience with these louvers?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flush-...dow-vents.html
Yea, I have the SHR Louvers (very 60s mustang) and they are probably the most unique mod on my car. But I got mine prepainted here...

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...4_Louvers.html

Theyre way cool and I get a lot of attention about them. I have no rattles after replacing the window, but install was a little pricey. overall you might spend 400 (thats what i paid for everything) but its most definately worth it. Don't be a thread stealer and start a new thread, and I'm sure everyone who has them will post pics.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 AM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Do you know of any step by step install instructions for window louvers?

Quick Reply: quick question about side window louvers???