Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

California Special Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:02 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

Default California Special Bumpers

I really like the front and rear bumpers on the GT/CS. Whats the easiest way to get my GT looking like that? Ford dealerships?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

Have your dealership order from this website so you don't have to pay shipping,its a Ford website anyways..The front bumper cover comes with the lower grilles and all he hardware to mount it up.If you order direct from Ford O.E.M. you'll spend another $100.00 for all the parts to mount and complete the front bumper cover.
Compare the base numbers listed in your accessories catalog to the website I'm posting,they are the same parts.
http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/...45&Submit.y=14
Old 09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

Awesome. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

+1 on what Poco said. I swapped my stock bumper out... check it out

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM
olaosunt

Question

Originally Posted by Poco
Have your dealership order from this website so you don't have to pay shipping,its a Ford website anyways..The front bumper cover comes with the lower grilles and all he hardware to mount it up.If you order direct from Ford O.E.M. you'll spend another $100.00 for all the parts to mount and complete the front bumper cover.
Compare the base numbers listed in your accessories catalog to the website I'm posting,they are the same parts.
http://www.fordgenuineaccessory.com/...45&Submit.y=14
My dealer is quoting another $350(+$399 of part) to paint and install the fascia.Does any one know if that sounds about right?
Has any one had it painted and installed cheaper? .How hard is it to install since of the $350, $250 is the cost of paint and paint labour?
.Thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by olaosunt
My dealer is quoting another $350(+$399 of part) to paint and install the fascia.Does any one know if that sounds about right?
Has any one had it painted and installed cheaper? .How hard is it to install since of the $350, $250 is the cost of paint and paint labour?
.Thanks
You "might" be able to find a lower price, but not much lower. If you were having multiple parts painted all at once, then you could probably get a better deal. This is one of those times you need a friend in the business... Sorry, I'm not in the business.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Has no company made a diffuser piece to fit on the standard GT rear bumper?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
olaosunt

Question

Originally Posted by Jasoon
You "might" be able to find a lower price, but not much lower. If you were having multiple parts painted all at once, then you could probably get a better deal. This is one of those times you need a friend in the business... Sorry, I'm not in the business.
Thanks anyway. I am also getting the car lowered this weekend with the FRPP springs and struts/shocks ,may be I will just wait and see what it looks like?.Do you know which one will have better clearance with the car lowered 1.5 inches?
I am kind of stuck between paying the $750 for the C/S fascia or just under $300 for the CDC classic-which I would not paint,which may not look " as finished" as some say.(still looks good though especially for my wallet!!)
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by olaosunt
Thanks anyway. I am also getting the car lowered this weekend with the FRPP springs and struts/shocks ,may be I will just wait and see what it looks like?.Do you know which one will have better clearance with the car lowered 1.5 inches?
I am kind of stuck between paying the $750 for the C/S fascia or just under $300 for the CDC classic-which I would not paint,which may not look " as finished" as some say.(still looks good though especially for my wallet!!)
If you patient enough you will run across one on a forum or ebay. I got lucky and found mine on the classified section here for $400 painted.

There is a company that sells just a add on piece that gives it the diffuser look, but in my opinion it looks cheesy...

Good luck,
Old 09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
exzpl0sive
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the info guys. Haha darkness, I JUST posted on your thread asking you where you got your rear valence from. Don't bother answering it.

I have upper and lower billet grilles installed on my GT right now. Would the lower grill fit the CS front fascia?

Also, my vista blue GT has white racing stripes...any suggestions on what would look good paint-wise for the rear bumper?

Last edited by exzpl0sive; 09-09-2008 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: California Special Bumpers