Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
View Poll Results: Should I go for it?
Yes, that will look amazing!
83.33%
No, I think it looks better how it is.
16.67%
Maybe, but I would rather see you look into...
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Almost There...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:38 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I remember when I had finally made the decision to order all the parts for my car. I was the same way as you and very unsure and a little nervous about submitting the final orders.

I just decided to just do it. I am glad that I did. The car reflects me a lot better done up the way it is. I love my car, and I wanted it to be different and more unique to my likes and style.

I didn't have my whole car repainted.....but after having the stripes painted and sealed under the clear, I darn near did. Then when someone decided to be mean and key the driver's side, I had to have that whole side painted. My paint looks just as pretty as it did the day I bought it. The key here is a GREAT bodyman, and you better make sure of it before you turn him loose on your car. I was very, very, very fortunate....I got an excellent bodyman.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the posts. The muffler idea is a possibility. But, I'm looking into boomtubes so for that to work I would have to buy them. I may be driving around for a few days with 1 exhaust but I guess it'll be alright. So, can I do this anyway? Will the GT rear valence fit on a V6 Bumper? Also, I would still have to cut a hole in the V6 Bumper I suppose. This kind of turns me off of that idea... But then again not really. The valence will cover up the cut and it's not like I'll be taking the valence off even if I do decide to sell it, will I? Would it look normal if I did this (cut the V6 Bumper out for the dual exhaust and then covered it with the valence) or is this a dumb idea?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

you young wipper snappers running around in these cars that are too mush for you.
lol jk im 16 EXACT car. HS student and just started driving.

I like the idea of the cervini's front bumper but if you come up to a speed bump, curb, ect, you have like 2 in. of ground clearance, so i didn't decide to go with that.

The side skirts are cool, but what you choose to go with them better match up in how far they are from the rest of the body parts.

The rear valence is ok, looks like a CS and isn't a bad choice, but with a black car like ours you can't see a lot of intricate details on the road, but what ever you like just go with it.

For my car I'm putting on a Saleen Heritage front bumper and a CDC billet grille, both of which are on their way right now and will look like this:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...nt-bumper.html

Then I'll just cut another hole for the exhaust (FRPP duals with the GTB mufflers)

and that's it pretty much.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
winston44
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
The GT is more of a parental issue. They pay my insurance, so the car issue all pends on them. Not to mention they technically own it...

So, thanks for the opinions so far. It would be great if everyone could look back in the OP and check out the questions I posed. More opinions and answers to those would be greatly appreciated.

Also, just out of curiosity. If I sold my V6 and went for GT, how much more money would I need? A value for a used GT and a new GT would be nice.

Thanks,

HT
i bought my 2005 gt used for 15,400 so its not bad and i sold my 2003 v6 for 9,500 so it was almost 6,000 dollars, but its the best 6k ive ever spent
Old 12-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

Dude u need to put up pics when u get ur stuff in. Got mine today and will post pics if camera cooperates.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:16 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thumbs up You can do it but wait until you can afford it!

What's up MF'ers,

After a few minor setbacks, I almost have enough money to start my body work (getting the parts that is). I plan on buying all the parts and then saving up and getting the paint and install done together. But, I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger. It's just hard thinking that this is such an expensive thing (for me, I'm 17...) and that it's almost permanent (I know, I can take it off, but after all this money...). So, I just wanted some more opinions. Here is the plan:

Start with a stock, Black 2005 Manual V6. http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/e...ck%20Stallion/
There's my Stally.

-Cervinis C-Series Front End http://i21.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/06/7a/dd20_1.JPG

-Street Scene Side Skirts http://northamericantuning.com/catal...side_skirt.jpg

-Street Scene Rear Valence http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ce-pi-106.html

So, if you can envision that, what do you think? I would do the side exhaust, but monetary issues are holding me back so maybe in the future...

And now for the questions:

-Paint Issue: I was planning on just getting these parts painted to match my car, but I was told it would look different (by a not-too-reputable source). So, do I need to get the whole car painted or will it look amazing with only the new parts painted?

-Rear Valence Issue: I plan on getting the dual exhaust setup going in the future. Which would require a new rear valence. Monetary issues, again, hold me back from doing the duals now so should I go with the V6 rear valence (1 exhaust "slot") or should I go with the GT (2 exhaust "slots"). I would rather go GT and save money in the future but I am scared about it looking awful with an empty exhaust "slot" just chilling there for a few months... Opinions?

-Overall Issue: This one is posed in the pole. Choices being:
a) Go for it. It will look awesome.
b) No go. I think it looks better how it is.
c) Ehhh. I would like to see something done but I think I have a better idea.

If you want to go with c, then let me know what you think. Please make it comprehensive (include pictures if possible, or links) so I know what you are talking about. I'm open to ideas at this point and I would really like to see all of my options before I go and spend a ton of money on something like this. Keep in mind, I like this setup, so it may take a lot to persuade me otherwise. Please don't let this persuade you from posting up but I'm just saying don't be upset if I choose to stick with this plan.

So, there you have it. I want everyone to pipe up here. For me, being so young, this is a big deal. A lot of hard work and saving have gone into this and I want to feel confident about what I am doing. Please comment, whether it be positive or negative (or even neutral). I won't be upset, I just want some more opinions before I dive into the most expensive purchase of my life (so far...).

And I know, I'm young and I'm priveleged to have such a nice car. Please don't bring the "You're to young to have this car," comments into this thread. I feel very lucky to be able to drive such an amazing car and comments such as these, such as one's I have seen elsewhere, help none at all. In other words, "Keep it classy, San Diego."

All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

HT

These are SaddleUp's Mustangs. I kind of used her white stang as an inspiration. Check this link to see some pics both for reference and as a thanks for the ideas and help along the way:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-mustangs.html
OK alot to process here but I remember what you wanted in past threads. Everything will look great and fit with no issues. Get rid of the body shop that told you that in bold above. Any reputable and reasonable can do black. If you had metallic or pearl added to your base color then maybe...maybe it would be an issue. Matching a paint that has clear on it is a no brainer. I have a black stang and no issues with the many parts that had to be painted black. No issues with difference in colors or shades. The clearcoat protects the paint color underneath and unless the clear is gone the paint wont fade.

Now in response to the rear valance issue. I would not get one valance now and another one later. (unless you have the bread and apparently you don't as you stated). If you want it done correctly and with the least issues it is better to wait IMO (esp for appearance mods such as the valance) and get it all done at once. The side exhaust is a pain for many and considering I am 13-14 yrs older than you I still have to plan out where I am going and if I can access parking lots or driveways and on a steep angle (patience is a virtue you can grow and develop-even in your teen age yrs).

The side exhaust as much as I love it is not for everyone and there is no sense in wasting your hard earned money for something that may be damaged or torn off in the future with one small mistake. I would get the duals for the other valance you mentioned and any exhaust shop can make the car into duals at a later date. Will it look stupid.....not IMO as it will look like a work in progress. The other option is to get the V6 version and modify the valance at a later date when you get the dual exhaust installed. May not work with the valance you have chosen but just food for thought. In the end if your looking down the road for a particular look which I think you are I would just be patient and work some OT and earn the cash to get it all done the way you want in the back end of the car and trust me on this one you will be happy for doing so and waiting.......JMO though

lastly
Go for it as it will look awesome! Shella has a great car to model yours after and it will look different as the colors are opposite. Copying is the greatest form of flattery!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:36 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for all the info. Shella's car was a huge help. I don't know if you remember, but when I first started looking into this I was stuck on the C-Series Front End. I knew it was out of my price range but I couldn't get it out of my mind. I was just about to give up when I saw her car in the little picture links at the top of the forums page. I figured I would check it out and all the ideas came from there. I owe a lot to her in getting this done...

More opinions welcome,

HT
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Oh, and I didn't get the paint comment from a body shop. It was a guy from my school who thinks he knows a lot about cars. I didn't take it very seriously but I figured I may as well run it by everyone here just to make sure. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks for all the info. Shella's car was a huge help. I don't know if you remember, but when I first started looking into this I was stuck on the C-Series Front End. I knew it was out of my price range but I couldn't get it out of my mind. I was just about to give up when I saw her car in the little picture links at the top of the forums page. I figured I would check it out and all the ideas came from there. I owe a lot to her in getting this done...

More opinions welcome,

HT
She is great and her cars look amazing! (she does too!)

Oh, and I didn't get the paint comment from a body shop. It was a guy from my school who thinks he knows a lot about cars. I didn't take it very seriously but I figured I may as well run it by everyone here just to make sure. Better safe than sorry I guess.
Oh well that clears alot up....you wont have any issues. Post it up when you get it done!
Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Stick with your Stock rear until you can afford to do duals, then just order GT rear from some place like newtakeoff. You can probably even get it in black for not much coin.

Quick Reply: Almost There...