Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

tailights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
beastlybeast
2nd Gear Member

Default tailights

any body have the tint peices off ebay over your tailights, head lights of fogs?? pics please, i need to trade my covers for those, not pleased with head light covers, and fogs fell off, tailight covers are to bubly imo

Last edited by beastlybeast; 02-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

no sry man, i would just paint them though so you can get the perfect finish you are looking for...

pics of brakes for sale?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:14 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Have your taillights and markers painted, its the only way to go. I use Xpel headlight protection kit to smoke my headlights, fog & turn signals. It does not change the color of the lights when on and still lets threw a very useable amount of light for night driving.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 02-24-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

CutterWolf,

Is that the smoke color from Xpel?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

Also if you paint them, how can you not get in trouble at night? Could you post a pic of brakes on in low light? Im curious about getting pulled over
Old 02-25-2009, 01:25 AM
turnercc
1st Gear Member

Cutterwolf, your shelby looks freaking sweet. Those pictures should be out of an advertisement. My only critique; it says "Chris 'hearts' Karl" in the background. Just felt there was a certain irony involved there.

Yeah... totally off topic.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
Also if you paint them, how can you not get in trouble at night? Could you post a pic of brakes on in low light? Im curious about getting pulled over
It's not the light at night that's bad, it's the light during the day. I can't imagine that you can see brakelights easily during the day with them painted OR with covers. When I have my covers on, I feel like cops give me the stink eye when they catch a glimpse of them. At night, I imagine it's damn hard to tell that I have covers on. God forbid I have a cop following me needing a reason to pull me over...

I've had people tell me my taillights are visible over 1/8th of a mile away at night.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sdonaghey
CutterWolf,

Is that the smoke color from Xpel?

Yes it is.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dblex
You would be suprise how good they look at night. They are still brite and have like a ruby red color to them. However my Xpel tints for my headlights/turn signals & fogs do not change the color of your lights at all. They let threw a very good amount of light so I have no issues driving at night what so ever.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

As much as I like the look of the smoked look of light I would never do it for a few reasons but most importantly if you get in an accident, even if you aren't at fault could be if and when a cop notices the lights. If it's a serious accident that goes to court for damages a good defense attorney will roast you so fast you'll beg for a settlement, of which your insurance co. probably won't cover.

Quick Reply: tailights