Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Anyone have these ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
KingB21
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone have these ?

Smoked front Turn Signal Lens ??

Is the light still amber ? and how is the quailty ?

http://www.stangmods.com/Smoked-Turn...00622-smkd.htm

thx !
Old 06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Sixx
1st Gear Member

I've got the smoked lenses, and they look great. The quality is very good. You can use the existing bulbs, but they will not be amber color. I purchased the stealth bulbs, that are colored silver. They blend in with the lens when off, and when they are turned on, they are amber colored.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
winston44
2nd Gear Member

mine are tinted but they were like that when i bought them, but they sometimes fog up and that really pisses me off
Old 06-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

They should not be called smoked.
Gives me a false idea on what they look like!!!!!!!!!

Just call em clear. To me they don't look smoked whatsoever. (even though they are sharp looking!)
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

those look good but $100 is nuts. I'm going to tint mine with translucent black paint, done that before on my other cars. just $13 and a little time also no worrying about them leaking since it's still the OEM part.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

i had them and sold them because they were just a couple shades darker than the chrome corners...werent dark enough for me so then i just took my stock ones and painted them....gl!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

I agree with most of the folks here. If you're going to swap them out, go with the Black lenses. The smoked are barely tinted at all, and the Black are much better looking.

As for the lenses, I bought the stealth bulbs from stangmods at the same time as I bought my black lenses. It was my understanding at the time (and many people pointed it out to me on these forums) that you HAVE to purchase the stealth bulbs if you have smoked/black lenses.

The reason being is that stock, the turn signal bulb is clear and the lense is orange/yellow. If you have the smoked/black bulbs with the stock clear bulbs, then the turn signal marker no longer shines a different color than your headlights, which is illegal across the country (at least, as far as I understood it).

The stealth bulbs are silver when they are off, so that they blend with the turn signal lense, but when they are turned on, they light up orange/yellow, thus making your turn signals legal.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a line.