Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

pdparts.com

Old 07-23-2009, 11:13 AM
senile

Thumbs down bad parts

I have no issue with someone trying to make a living but I do have issue with someone who does it by ripping other people off. I believe PDPARTS,LLC use to be PAINTDEVIL, LLC who sold Cervini scoops on e-bay. They listed them as new Cervini parts. They advertised the window scoops and 1/4 panel scoops for $275. This is a lot cheaper than you could buy them at American Muscle. Cervini and Xenon have kind of cornered the market and to see the chance to buy them at $275 as authentic Cervini is hard to pass up. I took the bait and bought them. What a piece of junk. My request for refund was ignored. I finally bought a new set at American Muscle and now have them installed. I still have the old junky ones. While they were advertised on e-bay as Cervini (yes, I have electronically filed all comunications) I now learn on this thread that PDPARTS is reproducing them. That's probably what they sold me...a poor reproduction that I wouldn't mount on the screen door of my shed. They even pulled the original e-bay add under the excuse they didn't want to sell out their inventory. Funny how the e-bay adds have mysteriously disappeared, again. BUYER BEWARE !
Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up!!

Originally Posted by senile
I have no issue with someone trying to make a living but I do have issue with someone who does it by ripping other people off. I believe PDPARTS,LLC use to be PAINTDEVIL, LLC who sold Cervini scoops on e-bay. They listed them as new Cervini parts. They advertised the window scoops and 1/4 panel scoops for $275. This is a lot cheaper than you could buy them at American Muscle. Cervini and Xenon have kind of cornered the market and to see the chance to buy them at $275 as authentic Cervini is hard to pass up. I took the bait and bought them. What a piece of junk. My request for refund was ignored. I finally bought a new set at American Muscle and now have them installed. I still have the old junky ones. While they were advertised on e-bay as Cervini (yes, I have electronically filed all comunications) I now learn on this thread that PDPARTS is reproducing them. That's probably what they sold me...a poor reproduction that I wouldn't mount on the screen door of my shed. They even pulled the original e-bay add under the excuse they didn't want to sell out their inventory. Funny how the e-bay adds have mysteriously disappeared, again. BUYER BEWARE !
Old 07-23-2009, 07:05 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I had a strong feeling that they were indeed paint devil......its obvious actually....I would not buy from them
Old 07-23-2009, 07:09 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

i ordered the side scoops and they are great....good quality and fast shipping, about 1 week.

are they a sponsor here it says on their site they are
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
PDParts.Com

Thumbs down

Greetings,

We have MANY, MANY, MANY satisfied customers. It seems the only ones who voice there opinions out the open are the disgruntled customers...

We offer a money back garuntee if you are not happy with our parts. Plain and simple...

I do not know who this "senile" person is, we never rejected a claim for a refund with any customer, and the fact this person has 3 post shows its more then likely just someone trying to be negative. The only time we do not offer a FULL refund is on painted parts.

Our auctions are fine and are still up. We had to end some because Cervini's requested we not use there name in title, but as of right now we have over 100+ auctions up.

Thank you

Last edited by PDParts.Com; 07-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by senile
I have no dog in this fight and don't get offended yet, lol...

Cervini's urethane parts sucks, period. They are pitted and gauged but the fit is good.
They come coated with parafine from their molds and it's a mother f**** to prep.
Lots of body shop fail that stage before applying adhesion promoter.

Anyway, I'll take a "repro" Cervini scoop (or other) any day, over theirs.
Having said that, their fiberglass hoods are the best in the business, just about.
So, go figure...
Old 07-26-2009, 02:49 PM
PDParts.Com

The parts come with Silicone oil on the outside of them. The silicone is sprayed into the mold to allow the parts to come out. Without the silicone, the parts would bond into the mold, making it impossible to remove...

The silicone oil is a pain to remove. You HAVE to use a silicone remover first and wipe the parts in one direction. Otherwise you will just smear the silicone all over the part. Most bodyshops do fail at this step because its not something they do all time...

We are currently working on a process to eliminate the silicone oil completely so that this step can be eliminated.

Urethane parts do usually get tiny pinholes. We make our parts out of BLACK urethane. Why? Because unlike the other company who uses clear/white resin. This hides all the imperfections in the parts so that they appear higher quality then they really are. Just think of a black car vs white car showing flaws.

Our black resin shows EVERY single scratch, pinholes, etc. When sanding the parts, the flaws will remain shiny. Once the oil is removed which takes about a good 20 minutes of wiping. The parts just need to be adhesion promoted and a good 2K primer surfacer. The primer surfacer will fill any holes in the part.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:46 PM
TonyGT
2nd Gear Member

but if YOU paint these parts you will paint them with the right steps.. and have a 100% perfect paint job right??

How is the fit? are the corners of the scoops flat on the car? i have seen some where the corners have large gaps...
Old 07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
PDParts.Com

The fit is 100% perfect and flush against the car, no fitting is required. If you see someone with a gap, its because they installed the 2 sided tape incorrectly...

On the back of the parts, there is a channel. You are to install the tape in the channel, otherwise the part will stick out. There is a raised spot on the inside edge of the part that allows it to fit flushly against the car. The instructions are self explanatory as well as identification on where to install the tape...

We prep all the parts correctly and offer 7 year written warranty on paint job(s) that it will not flake or have paint failure.

Nobody is perfect, if you have a problem, like I said we have 0 problem correcting the problem.

Also, if you don't feel we will do the painting correctly, simply order the part, and have your shop of choice do the work. If you or your shop does not think the part is a high quality product send it back, we will even pay the shipping to return...Like I said we have MANY MANY MANY satisfied customers.

Also we accept PayPal for a no-nonsense hassle free purchase. If you are not happy, all you need to do is file a dispute. We have nothing to hide and stand behind our products.

Last edited by PDParts.Com; 07-26-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by PDParts.Com

The silicone oil is a pain to remove. You HAVE to use a silicone remover first and wipe the parts in one direction. Otherwise you will just smear the silicone all over the part. Most bodyshops do fail at this step because its not something they do all time...
I use lacquer thinner with a brush (on Cervini type cr@p only) and let it drip,lol, then wipe the excess. In that same direction like you said.
Works great, no lifting later on...

Search this Thread