Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Car Broken Into!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

Default Car Broken Into!

Hey everyone,

So today I came out to my 2006 Ford Mustang to see my drivers side window smashed and my entire dash board and center console tore up. Once I looked inside my Avic D3 had been ripped out and taken, all of the wires to my Viper alarm system were cut, as well as my Sirius radio connection for the D-3, my laptop, school books/bookbag, iPod(which was connected to the D3 in the glove box) and a bunch of other assorted items were all stolen. They tore up the outside of the drivers side door and everything on the dash and console. They also messed up my ignition a little, but not enough to prevent it from starting. They may have been trying to steal it, since they ripped the ignition out of a month old Challenger in the same garage I was parked in. They hit 6 cars in the same garage in one night. Some cars they didnt take anything, some they stole items from such as mine, but my questions is:

While I hope you havent, has anyone else had their aftermarket stereo system (or anything else aftermarket for that matter) stolen or destroyed?

How did you get compensated through your insurance company?

I took it to Best Buy after taking it to the body shop since they said they wouldnt be able to estimate the cost of replacing the D3, Viper alarm system, and Sirius radio since they dont deal with any of that. Best Buy wrote up some papers for me, but just listed "comparable units" to the D3, Viper alarm system and the other accessories since they dont stock my particular units anymore.

I appreciate all of your suggestions in advance.

I think thats all of the questions I had, I may post more later, its been a rough day and my mind is all over the place. Thanks everyone and I hope you never have to experience what I did today.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member

That really sucks! I hate people that steal from those of us who work for what we have.

The thing that really sucks is pretty soon those fuc&'s will steal our stuff and if they get hurt doing it will then go get treated at the hospital on our dime to boot!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

that sucks dude, hope it all works out for you getting your money back.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:52 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

you have this posted in two different sections....why?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

damn that sucks bro. hope you get compensated for at least some of you items. this is what I fear the most, dropping major $$ into our cars so that some a**wads can just tear into them and steal the things that we worked hard to buy.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

I posted it in two different sections to try to get the most responses possible.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Sorry for your loss. I hope they get aids and die slowly. I F'ing hate thieves worse than damn near any other criminal. A quick call to your agent should answer most questions. When my wife and I were dating I bought her a new stereo for her car. Within a month someone busted her windows and stole it. Insurance paid for everything. Minus deductible of course. Also had our apartment robbed a few years later. We made out pretty good on that deal, actually. Hope it works out for you.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:02 PM
mykim72
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear that too...but i cant say you didnt have that coming with all that stuff laying out there...alarm or no alarm if you got goodies like that in the open they coming...thats why i leave my interior stock...learned my lesson too many times with stereo equipment...id recomend putting in your stock stuff.

Last edited by mykim72; 09-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
mykim72
2nd Gear Member

or some limo tint...hope the last message didnt seem heartless...i know how it feels to get robbed...it sucks
Old 09-30-2009, 04:15 PM
fisch
1st Gear Member

That sucks, I hope things work out for you.

Quick Reply: Car Broken Into!