Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Bra or Bra-less? Preferences anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
SalManilla

Talking Bra or Bra-less? Preferences anyone???

Well.. Now that the In-Sewer-Ants people have decided to fix my car I am looking forward to getting my Girl back home. She is going to have a New Grill (GT w/ fogs), New Fenders and a New Hood.... A whole lot of other goodies as well. In-Sewer-Ants people are insisting on OEM only parts. I would like to keep her all pretty. So, I am looking at Stripes or Clear Bra stuff to maintain her Good-As-Used looks. Question is - Does anyone have any experience with Clear Bras? Any heard of/used www.rvinyl.com? Does it apply as easily as they suggest?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
fordracefan
1st Gear Member

I've had a ventureshield clear bra on my '08 for about a year. I love not having to worry about chips in the paint. So far it still looks great and I have had zero issues. You don't even notice it until you get right on the car.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM
SalManilla

FordRacefan - Did you install it yourself? Someone do it for you? Was it mucho $$$?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Well I prefer bra-less. Women just look gorgeous when they let them hang free and .... huh ... what? Oh you meant the car ..... Oh who cares!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
fordracefan
1st Gear Member

I had the local place who did my stripes put them on. I believe it was about $500.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Barricade643
1st Gear Member

no bras...on anything!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I have a clear bra on the front of my GT500 and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested. The most important piece of advice I could give after doing my research (and seeing it installed on my car), is making sure that you have a very trusted source do the work. I have read many threads where people went to have it done and it was a complete disaster.

...and if you just had your car recently painted, make sure to check with them about how much time they would allow before applying a clear bra to your car. When I had my first clear bra installed on my 2005 GT after doing my GT500 front end conversion, the installer had no problem installing the bra afterwards, but my painter said to give it a few weeks for everything to properly cure.

here is the kit that I have

https://store.proformdesign.com/Articles.asp?ID=136
Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I have the 3M Clear-bra on my car as well and LOVE it. In fact the only chip I have on the car, after being caught behind a dump-truck on I-75 that pulled out in front of me and dropped gravel on the road, is where the bra wasn't installed...
Old 01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I have the 3M Clear-bra on my car as well and LOVE it. In fact the only chip I have on the car, after being caught behind a dump-truck on I-75 that pulled out in front of me and dropped gravel on the road, is where the bra wasn't installed...
does the clear-bra blend in well with the Grabber Blue color?
Old 01-30-2010, 02:22 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
does the clear-bra blend in well with the Grabber Blue color?
Yup, I have people all the time taking 2nd and 3rd glances at the car to see the bra when i tell them I have one. Also, depending on the thickness of the film it is either a crystal clear if thin or slightly orange-peeled look if thicker.

My CarDomain page has some pics of the bra....

Quick Reply: Bra or Bra-less? Preferences anyone???