Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Wet Obsession Wax

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 PM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

Default Wet Obsession Wax

Does anyone have any experience with Wet Obsession Wax? Its kind of expensive I was just wondering of it was worth the money. Pics posted online look awesome.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Any wax is going to make your car look awesome. The purpose of wax is to create a barrier, fill imperfections, and shine like crazy. The end result comes down to personal taste. Heck, even the old cheap turtle wax (not the newer stuff) could make your car look great. I know there will be all sorts of opinions on this but just about any wax will do a good job if you are looking to protect your paint. McGuieres is pretty good and not too expensive.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have heard some really good things about this wax on the roush forum,going to order some in the spring!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Lakers1
2nd Gear Member

Wet obsession is a solid carnuba wax. Prepping the paint before you wax will lead to much better results. Claying your stang then following with a light polish like OD light polish or menzerna 106 ff would be the way to go. Wet obsession will serve as your lsp. You can also opt to put down a sealant before you wax for greater durability.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

not sure if you're looking to spend much more on a wax, but A zaino kit does wonders.... Here's some pics of the result. I know it's a camaro but still, looks good...
The pics dont do it justice, the finish looks absolutely amazing in person.. the water slides right off the hood and down the side to the ground, you can literally dry the car by spraying it.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 AM
NOLA26
2nd Gear Member

I know this is a Mustang Forum but that is a georgeous ride!!! I am looking at a few different high end waxes and am learning that I have been cleaning my cars all wrong for a long time. I usually just wash, dry and then wax. I guess not I need to wash, clay if needed, seal, then wax?
Old 02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Hagwood
2nd Gear Member

I thought that the wax WAS the sealer ? I just use Meguiars Polish first then their Carnauba wax, and it works great.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

who gives a crap if it's a mustang forum. lol we talk about mustangs yeah, but we're not hateful as our bretheren that just HATE the mustang just because without just reason. anyways, that is a sharp car.

I've been thinking about this wet obsession wax as well. I'm really big on wax. I've tried pretty much anything that's on the shelves of the stores. So far one brought it home for me out of those. the NXT 2.0 Next to that, and I have to say I like it better, is the Zaino. I've used the zaino kit for about a year now, (and I still use the NXT) and I have yet to have any complaints.

now the quality on these pics is pretty bad and like any other pic it doesn't do it justice but it gives you an idea.

Note. this is NXT and the pics are fairly old. You'll get the point though. I don't have pics of the zaino result yet. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up.

I am interested in seeing some wet obsession pics as well. post em if you got em

Old 02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

yeah, i use the the NXT Tech Wax on my car, i love it, nice and easy on/off... im gonna see if my dad lets me use the zaino on my car this summer though... dont see it happening though he's got two cars he'll use it on, possibly three...
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

go spend $ 100 and but your own kit.. lol your comments just makes me think of the subway comercial for the chicken melt. " get your own " lol

Quick Reply: Wet Obsession Wax