Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Sequentials?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

I just ordered the web electrics. I found some on Youtube that have a "chase" sequence which was pretty cool, but I skimmed the install instructions and I am just to lazy for all it required. Now I just gotta order the blackout panal and my day will be finished
Old 02-07-2010, 02:38 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Dude, what am I missing here? You already have a black out panel in your sig, what's up with that?
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I believe there's an install video on the AM website. It's very simple.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:34 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Dude, what am I missing here? You already have a black out panel in your sig, what's up with that?
I do have one, but it is the AM magnetic one. Right now it is the second one they have sent me and this one, like the first, has started to bubble really badly. So instead of messing with it again I will just get the vinyl cuz I like the flat black.

Nuke, yeah, the install will be simple.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Got to love the WebElectric Sequentials!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Man, that is nasty. I don't get why it's doing that since you live in Oregon. If it was Florida or Texas I could understand, but you guys hardly ever see the sun up there. I don't know how much another black out will cost you, but why don't you just paint it black? If the cost of paying a body shop is too much, for such a small area you can do a rattle can and have it come out very nice. On my old Hondas I had to do a similar repair. Hondas are very prone to having the paint on the outside of the window (the black part) fade like crazy. I wasn't going to spend a fortune on an old car so I just sanded and rattle canned it. Looked great and made the car easier to sell. On one of them the fading started really early and I did the same thing. The rattle can paint isn't too bad cause it lasted me like 7 years with no problems. I used Rustoleum and it worked just fine. Tape and mask off the car and away you go.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
Man, that is nasty. I don't get why it's doing that since you live in Oregon. If it was Florida or Texas I could understand, but you guys hardly ever see the sun up there. I don't know how much another black out will cost you, but why don't you just paint it black? If the cost of paying a body shop is too much, for such a small area you can do a rattle can and have it come out very nice. On my old Hondas I had to do a similar repair. Hondas are very prone to having the paint on the outside of the window (the black part) fade like crazy. I wasn't going to spend a fortune on an old car so I just sanded and rattle canned it. Looked great and made the car easier to sell. On one of them the fading started really early and I did the same thing. The rattle can paint isn't too bad cause it lasted me like 7 years with no problems. I used Rustoleum and it worked just fine. Tape and mask off the car and away you go.
The BSM vinyl is only $25. That is almost 1/2 the cost of the AM one. Everyone that has it seems to be impressed with it, so I will give it a shot. If it does not work, then painting it will be the next option. I have to do something with it though. Looking at pictures with it body color, and then pics with it black is like night and day.

EDIT: God knows I miss Texas, but the Mrs. wont go back, so I am stuck in the land of perpetual rain

Last edited by bluovalguy; 02-07-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Texas? Lordie! looking at your Avatar I would never have guessed it. Why won't she go back, is it that bad in the lone star state? Dang, I keep looking for places to move out of CA and I was looking at Texas earlier today but the property taxes seem to be really high there. The states with no income tax really eat you up in property taxes. Same thing with Nevada.

BTW best of luck with the black out panel. Hope it works out this time. As far as painting, if you have to go that route it wont cost you more than $20 and it's permanent. Satin, or flat is also easier to paint than gloss. Flat is very forgiving.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

She says it is too hot in Texas. I would love either the DFW area or San Antonio, but all I can do is dream about it

If I have issues with the vinyl, then I will definatly paint next time. I hadn't even thought about using the rattle can. Good idea.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Got to love the WebElectric Sequentials!
They do sell very well!!!

My new stock just came in from Lawrence so if anyone else is interested I can ship them tomorrow

Here is the link to check them out

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...als-p-385.html

Ken

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sequentials?