Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

I need help with appearance mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default I need help with appearance mods

Okay. After going to a rally last weekend, my husband has been bitten with the mod bug. Again.

Problem is, he wants to mod MY Torch Red 06 GT. His 69 mustang is 'done'.

He has a problem with not being able to visualize a finished project. He's got ideas I like for my car, and ideas I'm not feelin'.

Here's the run down of what he wants to add to my car: Hood pins (I've been for that for a year now, and he didn't want to do it - until now); Cervini quarter window scoops, blacked out hood, black Saleen wheels 18x9's front, 18x10's rear (that's my idea - his idea is putting black XXR's with a red rim on them on my car); a c-scoop (also something I've wanted to do), CDC classic chin in black.

Anyone have anything like this appearance set up already on their car? I'm just afraid it'll be too much stick on stuff on the car. Honestly, MOST of his ideas, I already wanted to do, but he didn't want me spending more money on the car... now that he wants to spend money on it, its suddenly okay. LOL

PS... on my own list of things to do to this car, I want a better exhaust set up. Right now, its stock. And it needs new tires - I'm going with Nittos. I also have headlight splitters, already painted, just haven't had time to get them on there.

Opinions? And here's the car, btw.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Are you planing on lowering it? Wheels & Tires are the single best appearance mods you can do to make the biggest in pack. A custom exhaust will help with the over feel of your car.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Lowering it. Yeaaahhh.

I can't.

This is why:

At least my alignment/tire guy/drag racing friend tells me.

I didn't want it done that way, but the car was a salvage job. We had to pull the frame to get it to align, and it still needed more pulling, and we just couldn't go further or structural integrity would have been a problem, so we had to put a strut kit in it...

Last edited by Batenswytch; 04-28-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GhostHorse
Lowering it. Yeaaahhh.

I can't.

This is why:

What the hell happened to that?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

It was wrecked when we bought it - the original owner, after divorcing the same woman three times in five years, saw fit to buy a loaded out GT - then promptly ramp it like the General Lee on a dirt road... and drove its nose into the dirt, ripped out the front suspension, radiator support, smashed the ac compressor, and packed it full of dirt.

It shifted the frame pretty bad, destroyed one wheel, scuffed up another pretty bad... he got a DUI out of the whole deal, and I got a crippled Stang on the cheap.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Before pic:

It doesn't LOOK like it was in that bad of shape, and when we bought it, we figured it to be cosmetic damage - and my brother owns a body shop.

Not so. Took from April last year until September to get it 'right'.

Did I mention I had to scrub lots blood out of the seats and carpet... and off the center console and steering wheel? Guess he bonked his nose on the steering wheel, put his right hand up, got it all bloody, then started fumbling around the console, I assume for a cell phone that would have been in the drink holders. I also found broken beer bottle glass and gravel in the wiper wells in October when I was detailing it for a show. Also, it was a vertical drop - the front fenders were drove into the A pillars, and the air bags never deployed.

It is aligned perfectly now, and I love that car. But I'm a third generation turd polisher.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Your next appearance mod? Coverin' that up.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

LOL. Yeaaahhh. Not sure how to do that. I was going to get covers but I don't think they'll work. LegendLives has some awesome covers on his strut towers, but yeah. Won't work with it pulled and slotted like that.

Its always minus cool points at a car show to display her scars, but y'know. They're there. At least I get to tell the story and explain how bad it was before we got it.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

If you can't lower, 20"s are the next best thing. I'd do something 20"s. From what you've told me he's trying to do kind of a Mach 1 style?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

It was wrecked when we bought it - the original owner, after divorcing the same woman three times in five years, saw fit to buy a loaded out GT - then promptly ramp it like the General Lee on a dirt road... and drove its nose into the dirt, ripped out the front suspension, radiator support, smashed the ac compressor, and packed it full of dirt.

It shifted the frame pretty bad, destroyed one wheel, scuffed up another pretty bad... he got a DUI out of the whole deal, and I got a crippled Stang on the cheap.
Love that description! "ramp it like the General Lee" but that guy must have been an idiot!!

Quick Reply: I need help with appearance mods