Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervinis or TruFiber

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Let me throw my .2 in.

First, if you don't have any experience with trufiber and go purely on " he say " you can keep that to your self. It's not " right " to bash a company just because you " heard " it was that way.

I saw someone posted something about trufiber customer srvc being shady.
I beg to differ. Phil is one of the most coolest guys there and I'll tell you why.
I ordered my venom III hood about 2 years ago or so ( maybe longer, can't remember ). And also ordered the hood lift kit.
I noticed right away that the hood lift kit would not fit right. I called Trufiber and left a msg. Phil called me back in about 5 minutes and said he would send a new kit out. I had it at my door in less than 3 days. And I was in florida at the time. Not a single squeeak out of him and he kept me happy the entire time.

Second. The hood. I took it to a shop that worked on nothing but restoring and customizing old cars and doing custom paint jobs. ( My club referred me there and I could not have been happier )
The guys said that they were surprised how good the quality of the hood was. They said usually fiberglass hoods are pretty crappy, but they were amased at how this hood did not give them headaches at all.

I'm super happy with my hood, the fit is perfect, and I know for a fact I will order from them again in the future.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:06 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

wanted to post a video i made for them here

but it has been a while since i have been here and html option for coding my posts is turned off....

bueller?

can anyone advise please.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Happy TruFiber customer here and would gladly buy another hood from them without a worry in the world
Old 12-19-2011, 05:34 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by squirrel502
trying to decide between the TruFiber GTS-3 and the Type IV. From what I can tell, they are both very very similar. Have read mixed opinions about the trufiber....but yah, decissions decissions.

Oh, and if anyone has some pics of this hood with 10x2 stripes would appreciate it. Trying to get a feel for how my Vaper Silver stangs Black Strips will look with a new hood.

Thx guys ^_^
I have the Cervinis hood and a trufiber one....both are great companies and the design and functionality of the Trufiber is what I always wanted...my Trufiber hood has yet to be painted as it would have cost me 1300 in prep and paint to get it to the show quality that I wanted and it sits in the garage waiting for me to get er dun!...Nothing bad to say about Cervini and IMO the Trufiber hoods require much more prep or for you to know a paint and body guy that will do it for cheaper (or quoted you before ever having prepped on of those bad boys) as I said great look and design but much prep needed on the Trufiber....:/
Originally Posted by red96v6
Ive heard bad stuff about Trufiber, no experience with them though...
I can tell you that Cervinis makes a great product, and your body shop will be happy you chose them.
I agree!
Originally Posted by SaddleUp
Trufiber probably has excellent quality, but their customer service is sketchy at best. I remember them treating a forum member really crappy on a hood. I wouldn't purchase one from them.

I have a Cervini hood, and it is excellent quality as well. I didn't have any trouble when ordering from them. The only thing I have heard about Cervini is sometimes there is a delay in their shipping as the parts are sometimes backordered. I just called ahead to make sure the hood I wanted was in stock and ready to go. It arrived to the body shop in 4 days.
My exp is customer service was great but the quality of the hood (and not always) was questionable at best..:/
Originally Posted by howarmat
love my trufiber hood
Your hood rocks!...can I buy yours Matt and send you mine to get done by your body guy and I will pay the difference... We have discussed these hoods in great detail in the past and I know your answer...lol
Originally Posted by iROK24/7
I just got my Cervini's hood - they painted it Vista Blue to match my car and the color and fit were both perfect!

Looks amazing!
Originally Posted by CutterWolf
I also have a TruFiber hood and I love it!! Excellent fit and finish and my body shop had no problems what so ever getting it ready for paint.

Again another amazing example!!!!!
Originally Posted by squirrel502
Thx for all the replys...and think I will go with the trufiber. Now I have one other question for you all. When it comes to instillation and painting, do you all trust the standard body shops/collision centers?

Trying to do this with budget of $2000 or less, and both "custom" shops in the area have quoted me over $1400 for prep/paint. Where as the collision centers have quoted me $400-$800 for the same work.

My gut is saying go with the custom shops as I know they would properlly prep the hood and ensure it is fitted 100% correctly. I just dont want to be raked over the coals when it comes to cost.
I think your 1400 dollar quote was realistic..(read the beginning of my post) but glad you got a much better deal and hope you get all that your paying for and post up some pics when done! enjoy!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
Happy TruFiber customer here and would gladly buy another hood from them without a worry in the world
Same here!!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
nerdpros

Another satisfied customer here.. I have had mine for some time now and I haven't had any probelms with it! Trufiber all the way!