Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Redfire Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
ullmustang

Default Redfire Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to replace my 2006 Redfire Hood. New hoods are rediculous, so my options are:

1. Re-paint a used stock hood
2. Purchase unpainted Cervini's hood and have it painted locally
3. Purchase pre-painted Redfire hood from Cervini's

My local body shop told me Redfire is hard to match so they would need to blend (paint and re-clear coat) into the two fenders to get a match foroption 1 and 2.

When I called Cervini's they told me I could just replace my hood with the pre-painted Redfire hood from Cervini's and it would match perfect (option 3).

Anyone replace a hood on a redfire? What was your experience? Anyone get a pre-painted Redfire hood and did it match?

I am also interested in a stock redfire hood if anyone has one for sale.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

I've installed a prepainted chin spolier as well as a GT500 spoiler, and have no issues with paint match. My '06 is garage kept though. Cervini's has probably done a few this way, and as long as you paint is in good shape, I'd tend to think you were fine.

There is probably some merit to what your local body shop says, depending upon the circumstances. The sun can be rough on some colors, and red can be affected if it isn't taken care of. So that's likely where they are coming from.

As for painting the front fenders, I'm not sure how that would help, although I'm not a body shop guy by any means. It would seem that repainting those, would only move any potential mismatch to the door and fender. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Pascal might be able to shed some light on your questions.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

I had about a $4500 front end wreck and replaced my hood with a Cervinis Concept hood. At the time my car was 4 years old and my body shop repainted the front fenders, even though they weren't damaged, to blend the paint. It looks perfect to me.
As far as Redfire being hard to match I think it depends on the painters skill.

Last edited by NJ3; 05-07-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:44 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i have a redfire hood cevinies 4 inch cowl for sale haha.

i also herd the prepainted hoods are great from cervinis i just order one it isnt here yet tho

the right way to paint it to have it blended into the fenders so you can tell if there is a differnce in color. but if your fender are in good shape then you will be fine with just getting a painted hood from cervinis

Last edited by deekum1627; 05-07-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
i have a redfire hood cevinies 4 inch cowl for sale haha.

i also herd the prepainted hoods are great from cervinis i just order one it isnt here yet tho

the right way to paint it to have it blended into the fenders so you can tell if there is a differnce in color. but if your fender are in good shape then you will be fine with just getting a painted hood from cervinis
Does you redfiire cowl match your candy apple red car? I know they are very very close.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Myself too have installed GT500 spoiler and side louvers, both pre-painted redfire, with no issues.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

it is very very close but it is diff haha once you walk up to the car you can tell
Old 05-08-2010, 04:30 PM
ullmustang

My car is kept in a garage and stored for 3 months in the winter. I am guessing the fading would be less than the average vehicle. Plus I live in Wisconsin and the summer sun isn't is hot as other areas.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 PM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ullmustang
My car is kept in a garage and stored for 3 months in the winter. I am guessing the fading would be less than the average vehicle. Plus I live in Wisconsin and the summer sun isn't is hot as other areas.
My car is stored in the winter too. I just put a pre-painted spoiler on it this week and there was no noticeable difference in the colors. But, I'd be cautious about something as significant as the hood. I was faced with the same decision last week and played if safe having them blend it into the fenders.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

When I had the hood on my '06 replaced with a Cervini Concept hood we painted the hood and blended the fenders

Quick Reply: Redfire Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!