Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

LOUVERS! :D

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nuke
Getting them off is a bitch. And then you have to remove the old 3M tape from the louvers and install new 3M tape (properly). AND, if the surfaces (both on the louver for the new tape and on the windows) aren't prepped just right, then they'll be coming loose in short order. Just be sure that SOMEBODY knows what they're doing.
I agree, you need to be patient and careful removing these or you'll really screw up your clearcoat. Good luck!
Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I was afraid of that. I love my car to death, but its still just any everyday driver. So I'm going to leave them alone. It doesn't need to be show quality I love it anyway.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

as long as your happy with it, that's all that matters! =-)
Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Have a blow dryer handy when removing them, the 3m tape is much easier to remove when warm.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:29 PM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

i'm struggling here. certainly better pics would help but the quarter windows are right hand and left hand. louvers fill the entire window and will only go on one way. how do you get them backwards?
Old 12-16-2010, 04:34 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

It's not that they are on the wrong side, that would be impossible. One end is small, one end is large, lol.

They aren't on straight, is what appears to be the issue here. It could just be that they are a different brand, with a different style than usual.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:02 PM
dragline
2nd Gear Member

the leading edge of the quarter window is parallel to the trailing edge of the window on the door. i'll give you that in the picture of the installed louvers that it appears the louver leading edge is NOT parallel to the door window. but, you cannot see any of the quarter window still exposed. must be something goofy going on with the picture or a VERY goofy quarter window louver.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I'm thinking they aren't CDC. I bought them from a member that said they were CDC, but he bought the car with the louvers already installed. So there could have been a mix up. The leading edge points toward the window, so idk how to fix that. Lol I don't think they look bad though.

Originally Posted by VistaBlue
It's not that they are on the wrong side, that would be impossible. One end is small, one end is large, lol.

They aren't on straight, is what appears to be the issue here. It could just be that they are a different brand, with a different style than usual.

\\

Last edited by Tanner05; 12-16-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlue

It wouldnt be at all impossible to put them on the wrong sides. I have seen several members that have done it with the cdc louvers and even members that have put on roush louvers on the wrong sides.

Tanner, they definitely look like cdc louvers and since they are still pretty recently installed, they shouldnt be too hard to take off. The longer you wait though the stronger that tape will get.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:44 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05

\\
They're definitely on the wrong sides.

Quick Reply: LOUVERS! :D