Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Tail Lights? - Hard to explain

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

Default Tail Lights? - Hard to explain

Hey everyone,

Haven't been on in a while and since summer is right around the corner, I think "the bug" is starting to bit, soooo....

This is a little hard to explain but does anyone know of any sort of tail light for our car that are completely smooth across with no indent between each light? I believe I saw something like this on a stang on MF but I am not sure... I believe it was a green mustang with a gt500 front end conversion kit.

thoughts?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

If I recall, I saw that on a someones car that had tinted rear tail lights. I have no idea if it was an optical illusion or what but I hadn't really thought about it until you mentioned tail lights without the visible divisions between the 3 lamps.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

That's exactly why I'm trying to figure out what kind of tail light it is. It looked really clean with them blacked out like that. And I am trying to keep the same OEM lights tho, not the after-market ones that have circular lights.

Last edited by Jmoss; 02-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:47 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Idk if you want to black out your taillights, but maybe try to pick up a used taillight, find some body filler or somthing. Put it in the cracks then black out it out. Im not sure how that would look but its an option and it wouldnt cost to much to do that, except for buyign a test taillight
Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

You probably saw the GTS tailight covers. there are some that don't have the indentations.

wrong year stang, but you get the picture

Last edited by eddypython; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Jmoss
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
You probably saw the GTS tailight covers. there are some that don't have the indentations.

wrong year stang, but you get the picture
No, I bought the GTS covers a while back and thought they were kinda cheap... Plus I don't like the "GTS" on the cover. The pic I saw was, I think, a two toned green/gray stang with a gt500 front conversion kit. I might have a pic under my "Bada$$ Mustangs" folder on my desktop but I'm not close to my home comp right now. Sorry if I'm a bit of a pest about this... btw Scarlet, your stang is dirty!

@jpormen - Yeah that's not a bad idea... what would people suggest to "fill" the indents with so that it wouldn't cover the light?

Last edited by Jmoss; 02-15-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:49 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Wow it wouldnt matter what you use to fill sence the indents really dont light up do they? MY only concern was if you do black it out is if the filled in area would stand out
Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

Just bought this car tonight... Not sure I like these taillights... maybe they'll grow on me..
Attached Thumbnails Tail Lights? - Hard to explain-gtcs3.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pork
Just bought this car tonight... Not sure I like these taillights... maybe they'll grow on me..
Congrats on the car, nice color. Not a fan of the tails either though
Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by pork
Congratulations on the new car - but don't let those things grow on you!

I've followed a Mustang with those on the highway in rush hour traffic. It is very difficult to see the brake lights come on during the day so not only are they hideous, but they are a safety hazard as well.

Quick Reply: Tail Lights? - Hard to explain