Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

4.0 Emblem

Old 08-21-2011, 01:26 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

I'm not sure what he meant by you being a poser. Your car isn't in any way badged as something it's not. He's the f-ing loser. If you see him again tell him to go $uck himself.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

What? He said you were a Ricer? Is he BLIND or just stupid? Don't a**holes like that get to you! He was probably jealous that your car looked waaay better than his so he had to say something to make his punka*** feel better!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

One of the folks involved in that exchange was a ***ing loser, but rest assured it wasn't you.

Your car looks damn good, and it clearly isn't claiming to be anything it's not. Don't let the imbeciles get to you...
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I vote in favor of starting a get mongoose BLOWN fund. Ill pitch $5. If we get every sixxer to pitch 5, we'll get you an X or a Vortech and you can run that SOB down.

BTW- +1 to the guy who said its prolly just a case of someone who got a V8 to compensate for his small manparts getting pissed because you have a sexy *** car and his was prolly bone stock. Thats where I say, "You bought yours, I built mine mother*&^%$#"
Old 08-21-2011, 06:57 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

i thought the idea was to just make it your own, whatever it is you like, and forget it if someone else doesnt like something. i want one of those nice rear gas caps too.
Attached Thumbnails 4.0 Emblem-dscf0427.jpg   4.0 Emblem-dscf0878.jpg  
Old 08-21-2011, 07:30 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stags
I vote in favor of starting a get mongoose BLOWN fund.
This probably isn't the right forum for that.....

Anyways.....

Mongoose, you have an awesome car. Nothing about it is rice. Nothing at all. I am actually kind of confused as to what he was talking about though. I mean, was he referring to putting duals on a V6? I don't see how that is rice. Nor do I see how putting on a GT/CS rear bumper is rice when a new rear bumper is really needed to make duals look complete. Of all of the bumpers you could have bought, I think the GT/CS one looks the least ricey and the most OEM (cause it is!).
Old 08-21-2011, 08:21 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Mongoose, I think the guy just doesn't know what a ricer is. The poser comment is completely unwarranted because you're not mis-badged and you're not putting any fake hp stickers anywhere on you're car...

Maybe he thought the c/s rear was enough to call you a ricer? Either way, since you didn't provide any details about his car, I'll assume he was stock and can't afford mods because he already took out a second mortgage on his studio apartment.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Pretty sure he just had a stock GT. He definitely didn't do anything to the exhaust. I don't know why his comments bothered me so much. Guess I just need to grow a thicker skin. Take the hate with the compliments and just let the haters hate.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
Pretty sure he just had a stock GT. He definitely didn't do anything to the exhaust. I don't know why his comments bothered me so much. Guess I just need to grow a thicker skin. Take the hate with the compliments and just let the haters hate.
If we all had the ability to not take other people's comments to heart this world would be an amazing place. Just remember you have a choice when someone says something to you a. not let it bother you and move on b. let it fester inside and cause you you agony.

I would go with c. tell em to ***** off.

Your car looks great and if you are happy with it that is all that matters. If you spend all your time trying to make everyone happy, YOU will never be happy.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Take it from the REAL Mustang Men on this forum. What they say matters more than any punk on the street

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.0 Emblem